I SPENT 4 HOURS LOOKING FOR LOOT AND ARMS ONLY TO GET KILLED BY A NOOB HIDING IN A BUSH! I SAW HIM BUT I DIDNT SHOOT CAUSE I THOUGHT, COME ON ATLEAST SAY HI,, AND HE SHOT ME THIS IS THE 3RD TIME !! IM CLOSE TO QUITING THIS GAME 

Noob in a bush? Sounds like you were the noob to me, NOT being in the bush when there was other, unknown players around.

In any case, DayZ might not be the game for you.

This forum always reminds me how doomed the human race is. Good luck with that.

Brilliant first post! Many beans for you :beans:

I SPENT 4 HOURS LOOKING FOR LOOT AND ARMS ONLY TO GET KILLED BY A NOOB HIDING IN A BUSH! I SAW HIM BUT I DIDNT SHOOT CAUSE I THOUGHT, COME ON ATLEAST SAY HI,, AND HE SHOT ME THIS IS THE 3RD TIME !! IM CLOSE TO QUITING THIS GAME 

playing as a friendly/neutral is always hard. its so easy to just kill a man oh i pulled the trigger and shot him cause he was going to shoot me, whatever i had like at least 4 or 5 encounters with new spawns /survivors today. yeah they were sketchy but i did'nt have to kill any of them. even saved a spaniard earlier from a KOSer just to have the scum bag combat log. any way my point is play how you want if you get frustrated and want to quit now then you might not have the patience for the long haul yet. cause when they add vehicles, tents/storage how mad you gonna get when that stuff gets destroyed stolen after months or weeks of scavanging for no reason except greed or griefing. goodluck and hope you stick with it cause the battle for humanity has just begun and the bullets have just begun to fly.

With the exception that I am not out hunting zombies in real life I behave as civil in game as I do in real life...or try to anyway. Think your right however people use games as a excuse to behave badly, most of these people were already asses now they just have a place show their true colors!

could not have said it any better. a lot of sociopaths/functioning psychopaths in this game. but friendlies need a nemesis and it might as well be some real sicko's.

Well, it is frustrating but hell, this is a game right? Everyone plays the way they see fit. Im often geting sniped etc but i never turned my back on some loner without suplies. If i can, i feed them, heal them and carry on - even if such person tries to kill me im not getting mad. If it's the way they think they should play, then let them think that way. There's allways a better shooter out there :) And karma is a bitch.

the more loot you are holding, the more cautious you should be

This. Absolutely this.

I you're carrying some valuable loot, or just a good number of items you have amassed over a long period of time, you should be exceptionally cautious in everything you do. Running about in the open with a backpack and rifle clearly visible on your back will likely get you shot by someone who wants that stuff. So, don't run about in the open. Move between cover, think tactically and always be aware of your surroundings and who is, or may be, in them.

Additionally, you should always expect to die quickly and without warning at any point in the game, regardless of how cautious you are. It's simply a fact of DZ that you will unexpectedly bump into someone or that they will get the drop on you, be more skilled with a weapon or just outright luckier than you. It happens. Suck it up and move on.