Sign in to follow this  
CaptMorgan117

KoS is not part of the game, it IS the game.

Never built my own house, never even seen a safe.  I don't want to feel safe in the game, I want to get a blood transfusion without someone shooting me in the face.  This is about player interaction declining in the standalone.

So you only want to feel safe on your own terms then? Not really the most realistic of expectations.

It boils down to this: Join a survivor crew, clan, squad, band, party, nomad-rampaging-survivalist-chain-gang, whatever you want to call it, of like-minded individuals. You'll be happier that way. Not to mention you'd be surprised at how friendly strangers can be when they encounter a good number of armed survivors asking them their intentions.

As a solo player your power to dictate a situation is very minimal. Unless you stick a player up, disarm them and force them to treat you, your options are limited as a lone wolf. You'll be hard pressed to control any situation you encounter as a single individual. Now that being said, I would like to see more people working together myself, but besides neutering core game-play there aren't many ways to encourage teamwork in the game's currently and vastly incomplete state.

As I commonly say, until we see just how the rest of the game's content fills out, mainly zombies (and them hopefully becoming a REAL threat, unlike the annoyance they were in the mod, a REAL scary, wild, untamed fire, a force) we just can't really predict how random player interaction will play out.

I really suggest finding a few like minded players. If not for sake of game-play, your own sanity. I'm mostly a lone wolf, but that play style is perfectly fine for me. I only play with a few buddies if I am not alone. But that's me.

• Like 1

So you only want to feel safe on your own terms then? Not really the most realistic of expectations.

It boils down to this: Join a survivor crew, clan, squad, band, party, nomad-rampaging-survivalist-chain-gang, whatever you want to call it, of like-minded individuals. You'll be happier that way. Not to mention you'd be surprised at how friendly strangers can be when they encounter a good number of armed survivors asking them their intentions.

As a solo player your power to dictate a situation is very minimal. Unless you stick a player up, disarm them and force them to treat you, your options are limited as a lone wolf. You'll be hard pressed to control any situation you encounter as a single individual. Now that being said, I would like to see more people working together myself, but besides neutering core game-play there aren't many ways to encourage teamwork in the game's currently and vastly incomplete state.

As I commonly say, until we see just how the rest of the game's content fills out, mainly zombies (and them hopefully becoming a REAL threat, unlike the annoyance they were in the mod, a REAL scary, wild, untamed fire, a force) we just can't really predict how random player interaction will play out.

I really suggest finding a few like minded players. If not for sake of game-play, your own sanity. I'm mostly a lone wolf, but that play style is perfectly fine for me. I only play with a few buddies if I am not alone. But that's me.

Most constructive comment yet, unlike anglo's repeated failed attempts at making me look stupid.

Teaming up outside the game is about my only option.  My schedule is so random though that it really prevents me from playing at regular intervals, which has made that option difficult.  I'm hopeful for the point you made about the game "filling out", perhaps once the zed threat is greater it will force more positive player interaction.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Standalone you mean.

It was pretty common in the mod to meet a player and not get killed as soon as you see them.

what mod are you playing? as far as i know i've had about 3 player interactions in the mod that didn't involve everyone shooting at each other immediately, and all but one of those ended with a sniper taking at least one of us out. 

i'd like to point out that most people are wary of strangers, as they've been shot at, ambushed and lied to, multiple times already, so what would you do? If you play the game by saying "hi" to everyone, regardless of how many times you die, then that's your problem, not everyone is going to feel that way. 

KoS isn't going anywhere, but there isn't much to do right now, so it's more prevalent than before. And it's also connected with the many new guys not getting the fuck off the coast, and this massive swarm of inexperienced, vulnerable and tender targets are too much temptation for someone whose geared and bored. 

you can find a group of friendly players on the forum most likely, that's where you're going to get the best teamwork, info and resource pooling. strangers you meet in game will never trust you, and most likely conspire to kill you, if you do manage to get a "friendly" response, just assure them that you're leaving, and then leave, quickly, while keeping an eye on them. 

edit - don't worry about your schedule unless you have a hardcore group who has set times they play, my group is very casual and we just play with whoever's on.

Edited by Capo

Talking means sharing information, information which may lead to teaming up, by teaming up you can cover more ground and easily take out the bandits.

I have seen the light! This has never happened to me so I didn't even think about it, I guess the game has really trained me to kos. I have changed from your post. I am now "friendly".

[..]Perhaps once the zed threat is greater it will force more positive player interaction.

My point is, we just don't know either way yet. Which is why I suggest dealing in certainties, as in, finding a few battle buddies or a team of like-minded individuals.

I would like seeing more player interaction in general, as in, random teaming up like in the old days of the mod - but I'm also a realist. I'm not the kind of player myself that is likely to team up randomly with strangers, I'm more the crazed gunman in the tree line waiting for you guys to skip town with all the fresh loot you've scored and ambush you, or follow you until you start separating. But teamwork should be encouraged. And hopefully Zombies may influence that in a positive way.

(C&C: Red Alert Chrono/Time Machine Sounds - Red Alert Intro)

..But sooner or later, time will tell.

Edited by Knightmare

Unfortunately, with the new blood bag stuff implemented, It's kinda encouraging the whole PvP stuff, only now you just knock people out and handcuff them instead of shooting on sight.

Think about it: You and your friend need blood, but the blood bag is empty. Oh hey! Look! There's an unsuspecting player on the coast!

Somewhat easy to find people in that mentality.

Anyone wanting to play a PvE game are going to be sorely disappointed. And unfortunately there's nothing to discourage the PvP. No balance.