floj

Fix (not remove) Third Person Perspective

Whomever sees someone first in 1PP has pretty much won as well. It doesn't matter what view you're using.

I've been looting buildings in Electro using 3rd person and had people sneak up behind me many times. They easily could've been watching me with 1PP from another building and I just didn't see them.

Two wrongs still don't make a right.

Fuck me sideways with a pineapple, is this still going? How many more times must I systematically and demonstrably destroy every argument that says 3PP isn't exploitable? It simply is, and if you think that it isn't, you're either blind, dumb or deluded.

Or all of them which, going on some replies, would not surprise me at all.

Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 1

Fuck me sideways with a pineapple, is this still going? How many more times must I systematically and demonstrably destroy every argument that says 3PP isn't exploitable? It simply is, and if you think that it isn't, you're either blind, dumb or deluded.

Or all of them which, going on some replies, would not surprise me at all.

Sorry, but it's not an exploit if both sides have access to the same advantage. That's like saying guns are an exploit.

What if some players want to play DayZ using nothing but bare-knuckle boxing to be more "hard-core"? Should they demand all weapons be removed from the game?

• Like 1

Sorry, but it's not an exploit if both sides have access to the same advantage. That's like saying guns are an exploit.

What if some players want to play DayZ using nothing but bare-knuckle boxing to be more "hard-core"? Should they demand all weapons be removed from the game?

It is an exploit but the word itself has a negative connotations in the gaming world. The fact is that the mechanic has always been there but most of us agree that 3PP really makes combat stale and boring when both people know how to use 3PP to it's full benefit. 

This game could truly benefit from either a fixed 3PP or removal of 1st person. I prefer if they fix it! I would only be okay with removing third person right now only to have it added back into the game when it was ready/fixed. 

It is an exploit but the word itself has a negative connotations in the gaming world. The fact is that the mechanic has always been there but most of us agree that 3PP really makes combat stale and boring when both people know how to use 3PP to it's full benefit.

This game could truly benefit from either a fixed 3PP or removal of 1st person. I prefer if they fix it! I would only be okay with removing third person right now only to have it added back into the game when it was ready/fixed.

Removing 3PP would be absolutely disastrous for the game. They'd be going from potentially 1 million players down to maybe a hundred thousand.... if that.

There's FAR more players that play 3PP then you might think. Whether it's for the so-called "exploit", or because it's to play with their friends or simply because they like it better.

Removing 3PP would be a death sentence for the game just because a small vocal minority don't think it's "fair".

• Like 1

Bollocks, dude. The vast majority, I mean like 90% or so, would deal with 3PP removed.

Removing 3PP would be absolutely disastrous for the game. They'd be going from potentially 1 million players down to maybe a hundred thousand.... if that.

There's FAR more players that play 3PP then you might think. Whether it's for the so-called "exploit", or because it's to play with their friends or simply because they like it better.

Removing 3PP would be a death sentence for the game just because a small vocal minority don't think it's "fair".

You mean just as disastrous as not pandering to the mainstream when no publisher was willing to take Rockets pitch?

• Like 1

Bollocks, dude. The vast majority, I mean like 90% or so, would deal with 3PP removed.

Nope, not a chance. DayZ would become a footnote in the history of gaming if they removed 3PP. Keeping it appeals to the masses and removing it would be foolish.

• Like 1

Nope, not a chance. DayZ would become a footnote in the history of gaming if they removed 3PP. Keeping it appeals to the masses and removing it would be foolish.

Appealing the the masses is why DayZ is so different and popular after all right.

Where did you get those numbers there professor ? lol

Absolutely nothing will happen to the player base if they remove tpv like rust people will adapt.

Rust dev team was smart and removed tpv early so people forgot about it. Same thing will happen with Dayz.

• Like 2

Where did you get those numbers there professor ? lol

Absolutely nothing will happen to the player base if they remove tpv like rust people will adapt.

Right........ :P

Right........ :P

What other 3rd person dayz game are they gonna go and play? the mod which will be outdated as hell compared to the real game?

If you really think gamers, some of the weakest willed consumers on earth, will leave DayZ because 3pp was removed then lol.

Sorry, but it's not an exploit if both sides have access to the same advantage. 

*sigh*

We've been over this ad nauseum and, to be quite frank, I can't be fucking arsed repeating myself. I've already pulled apart this ridiculous argument, go and read one of my posts about it and try to understand why you're wrong.

Wow, just wow.

*sigh*

We've been over this ad nauseum and, to be quite frank, I can't be fucking arsed repeating myself. I've already pulled apart this ridiculous argument, go and read one of my posts about it and try to understand why you're wrong.

You can't be serious.

/facepalm

• Like 1

You can't be serious.

/facepalm

so if someone uses a hack, and i start using it too, it doesnt make it an exploit?

that's a pretty shitty logic, dude.

Let's put wallhack and aimbot in the game, if everybody has it, it not an exploit, durr.

• Like 2

so if someone uses a hack, and i start using it too, it doesnt make it an exploit?

that's a pretty shitty logic, dude.

Let's put wallhack and aimbot in the game, if everybody has it, it not an exploit, durr.

You're saying 3PP is like a hack?......lol. :D

You were born sooo..

Nice to see that at least some people can be convinced that two wrongs don't make a right.

Wow the guy thinks a view is a hack! Go back to ya moms fanny where you can grow your brain before your born again.

Edited by Max Planck
Goodbye

Wow the guy thinks a view is a hack! Go back to ya moms fanny where you can grow your brain before your born again.

That isn't what he said, but of course all you people do is wilfully misread things so you can argue a point that no one is even talking about.

You were born sooo..

I'd gladly share my genius. You just need to stop resisting so hard. :)

BAHAHAHA, is this some kind of 'blackmailish' argument? "keep my precious exploit on the game or MILLIONS will DISAPPEAR FROM THE SERVER.

(even if that's a good thing, they already gave their money to the devs and most people that like 3pv are casuals that generally kill all the games that they go through.)

Edited by lipemr

mmm, a wallhack lets you see through walls, even if the dude in the other side cant see you "unless he uses a wallhack too".

Now explain me the difference between that and 3pv (that "it's in the game!!1!" argument doesnt count, k?)

• Like 1

mmm, a wallhack lets you see through walls, even if the dude in the other side cant see you "unless he uses a wallhack too".

Now explain me the difference between that and 3pv (that "it's in the game!!1!" argument doesnt count, k?)

Well anyone can use a wallhack. It's available for anyone to put in the game so it is fair to everyone.

• Like 3

I was on 3pp server, I encountered some players entering the tents area at NWAF.

After first shots they run for cover into the tents area, me after them.

And then I think: "So this is how it is going to be now? Time to (ab)use 3rd person camera while looking over corners of tents and this one who (ab)uses 3rd person camera better will win?"

Nope. Logged out and logged in back in 1st person only server.

• Like 1