Hutch (DayZ)

Multiple Characters?

I expect this has already been suggested but I did a search and didn't find anything.
Also, I expect this would be very difficult for the Dev's to impliment due to the hive database design.

I would like to have the option to create multiple characters. At least two, maybe as many as 3-5 per account.

Sometimes I want to play with friends and other times I want to play alone. It would be nice to keep a character that I play only when playing with friends or clan and another I can play any time, when I want to play solo or with different friends.

• Like 1

Just wait for private hives. It would just be abused; Multiple characters at same area and if one dies, just take another and kill your killer.

I doubt multiple characters will make it into the game plus I dont support it. Could be abused and kind of destroy the spirit of DayZ (if its not dead already..)

I expect this has already been suggested but I did a search and didn't find anything.

Also, I expect this would be very difficult for the Dev's to impliment due to the hive database design.

I would like to have the option to create multiple characters. At least two, maybe as many as 3-5 per account.

Sometimes I want to play with friends and other times I want to play alone. It would be nice to keep a character that I play only when playing with friends or clan and another I can play any time, when I want to play solo or with different friends.

No thanks, horrible idea. Easily abused.

I would be worried that players have their characters together and when one is killed they're going to use information that they shouldn't realistically have to get a second chance and the upper hand.

Which is why I think characters should be locked to a single server.  Server hopping and ghosting will always be an issue. The only solution is seperate characters per server.

Which would solve my problem of multiple characters, eliminate server hopping and increase realism.

Granted, servers would need to be more stable but it would solve more problems than it would create.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 1

I like the idea. Mrs Fish has watched a few videos (FrankieOnPC's) with me and likes the look of the game in terms of its survival mechanics but only have one character means she can't play unless she has her own Steam account and purchases another copy of the game. Allowing multiple characters per game would be a nice way around this.

Perhaps it could be implemented in a way that prevents multiple characters from one 'account' playing on the same server. This would eliminate the problem of someone using an alt to kill a main's killer or retrieve their stuff etc.

Multiple characters will negate persistency and dilute consequence of death.

• Like 1

Servers where you have a separate characters are named hive servers. They will be added at some point, maybe even the next month.

no please, this game will be like CrapZ and turn into a fest of the kills and take more gear, kthx no warz if this happens, ill be sad and be very sad for the devs, 1 char to be cared for IS GOOD ENOUGH SO WE DONT GET SHOT IN THE PROCESS OF RUNNING BACK because if someone dies, he can just log in behind you and get his gear back gg.

I have the same question as the topic starter, i play this game since release, just before new year, my 15yo cousin a few days now, but he may only play for 1 to 2h a day max.

But i would like to play more alone and still be able te play together with him without always try to find each other every day

the solution will be a 2nd character for playing solo

maybe a solition for the kill and be killed by 2nd char of the dead player.

Set a parameter of lets say a minimum of 500meters(or more) between own characters and cant be enterd also

and not possible to load both within 5mins time.

I mean, when jou log out with the first(possible dead character), you need to wait 5minutes befor you can log in with the 2nd character

Iff you have 2 computers, 2 times Steam and 2 times dayZ, i costs a lot of money but you still have the same problems, there are several youtubers with more characters, i dont think i need to tell names of these

my 15yo cousin a few days now, but he may only play for 1 to 2h a day max.

But i would like to play more alone and still be able te play together with him without always try to find each other every day

the solution will be a 2nd character for playing solo

The solution is to coordinate with your cousin a little better. Agree that you're going to play at certain times ahead of time so you know a day or two in advance.

Then, if you want to play solo you can run around to your heart's content, just as long as you return to where you started (where you left your cousin) before the pre-designated meeting time.

Dean wants these types of social decisions to feel like part of the game. What's more important to you, playing more often, or playing with your cousin? It's an interesting question, and one which the game tests you to answer. It's hard to stay close to someone. You really have to work at it, as you've found. But, you're supposed to try and see if the game makes you want to solve that problem. Is being near your cousin, keeping both of you safer and alive longer worth the extra effort of returning to where you left him to meet up again?

If Dean just put multiple characters in the game - yes, the problem is solved. But it's solved in a completely artificial and uninteresting way. You didn't have to think about anything or make any kind of decision relative to the game and how you spend your time with it. 

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Zed, i understand your thought, i played before my cousin bought the game 3 to 4h a day(or longer), my cousin only 1 to 2 max(a day) i would like to play alone when he is not there, but to return every time to the point where i left him, that thought i dont like.

somtimes we start together, sometimes he lets me know that he will be online within 30 mins, then i start playing and start looting buildings near that place, sometimes i loot for 30 mins after he logged out so i dont go far, but i want to play longer(and also respect my sister(mom of cousin) her rules of playtime)

ist like a toss with a coin, together or alone, i prefer both, alone in "me time", together in "us time"

and Teemo, i understand that also, a short time timer for dropped loot or not possible to see loot from 2nd char is a solution

with this its not possible to have a "mule"

Edited by Tasmanian_Devils_Bro

YES PLEASE - WE NEED STORAGE CHARACTERS!!!!

sarcasm intended

Edited by sYs

Of course we don't need that.