bjarnidk

Why won't you fix the mouse?

This is not a suggestion or a bug report, I am simply asking and I would like a response.

The fix as far as I know is like 1 or 2 lines of code so it's not that it's a hard problem to fix, but for some reason, the developers just won't do it.

So I ask: Is the mouse movement (inverted accel, differing XY) working as intended? Because if it is, then me and a lot of other players can just stop following the project and wish you the best of luck.

• Like 3

The fix as far as I know is like 1 or 2 lines of code so it's not that it's a hard problem to fix, but for some reason, the developers just won't do it.

wow. You really are something.

wow. You really are something.

What, you think it's hard to remove a piece of code?

Rocket himself has said he is doing it intentionally because he hates the players.

I'd actually like to believe this.

Let's stray away from the personal insults please.

• Like 4

There are sliders to change the individual X Y sensitivity. Fix it yourself.

There are sliders to change the individual X Y sensitivity. Fix it yourself.

because that will help get rid of the janky mouse acceleration.

sensitivity does not = acceleration.

• Like 1

LOL I'm happy with the way it is. Mouse and aim work just fine : /

• Like 3

Clean up your mouse? Mine is working like a charm.

No it is not. with a statement like that I'm positive that you do not even know what mouse acceleration is, so please spare the good people from your ignorance by not posting on behalf of things you know nothing about. 

I believe that this issue is one of the most essential for the games progression. people who play any fps will demand that acceleration be turned off. 

Edited by Branathon
  • Like 2

It's such an old trick that I forgot about it, but I found that turning the sensitivity up on my mouse and setting in-game sensitivity to minimum really helped make mouse movement more consistent. It still has issues but the deceleration is a lot less harsh now.

• Like 1

I believe that this issue is one of the most essential for the games progression. people who play any fps will demand that acceleration be turned off. 

Don't whip your mouse around like you're trying to play Counterstrike. Move at a normal pace and it pretty much works just fine.

• Like 1

I think the point the TC is trying to make is that there is clearly an option in the configuration that is intended to be for disabling/enabling mouse acceleration.  I have been playing PC games for something like 15 years and I absolutely hate mouse acceleration.  Obviously DayZ is not Counter Strike.  Thanks for point out the obvious.  But DayZ is not the all-consuming game of everyone's life.  For me, personally, it is a little jarring to go from another game to DayZ because of the acceleration being forced on.  I'm eager to see this option actually implemented as well, but it's not exactly game-breaking.

You guys need to chill out with the "OMG mouse acceleration is fine stfu!" garbage.  Just because you're content with it doesn't mean everyone else is.  Jeez.  The TC is expressing his opinion.  I happen to share it.  If you don't, good for you.  Gold star.

Edited by WastedSpaceman
  • Like 3

Alot of people dont seem to understand the problem, its not about cleaning your mouse or shit its about the mouse ACCELRATION which cant be turned OFF. I play cs, it would def. annoy me there, but in a game like arma it doesnt bug me to much since I usually take my time before I take a shit other than in e.g. cs. Anyways it would be nice if they remove/add an option to turn it off. Idk why its on by default anyways...

• Like 1

Don't whip your mouse around like you're trying to play Counterstrike. Move at a normal pace and it pretty much works just fine.

wut? really? you do know that it doesn't matter how fast/slow I move my mouse the game will still screw with it due to acceleration.

Guys, don't forget that Rocket did a 6 hour long gameplay stream and not once did the subject of the shitterbad mouse control come up, he obviously thinks its all good.

Edited by Mookzen

I see lots of mouse threads but never dropped in on one till now, it'll be the last one too, Cyborg RAT5 ftw.

Wtf is supposed to be wrong??

This isn't Quake.

I'll get my coat..

Edited by aodqw97
  • Like 1

i play with joystick this eliminates all mouse acceleration :lol:

yeah i use rudder pedals to look around in dayz, while every axis/ button on my flightstick is mapped to the hotkey for beans.

Yes even this early in development I think it should be worked into the the next patch or so, especially already being in the options menu. If I'm not mistaken Rocket wrote somewhere that it was easy to fix so he's trolling us or he doesn't realize how many people despise mouse acceleration.

While I agree that it's an issue that needs adressing ASAP, I lol'd @ "it's just 1 or 2" lines of code; there's no such thing as just "1 or 2 lines". ;)

Nothing wrong with acceleration, takes 2 mins to get used to (unless you go all angry German kid) and scroll faster and faster, then you will just get more annoyed. CHILL, move the mouse in a controlled fashion, and you will see it responds well. Accel gives this game an identity that others lack, and for me, a better sense of immersion.

Generic mouse input, aka L4D, BF4, would turn this game into just another shooter.....but maybe people have been spoon fed that style by AAA studios for so long, anything different is just dismissed.  

• Like 1