Sign in to follow this  
silent (DayZ)

Mine - Cave - Underground structure

I'd like to see locations like this:

-mine

-cave

-underground structure

In these places there was a total darkness.

Velna_ala_%28Devil%27s_Cave%29_-_inside.

Chile-trapped-miner-Torres-Lopez-rescued

• Like 2

This system, not so dissimilar to the "Red Faction" system has been discussed much throughout the mods history as a potential feature both in the mod and in the SA. Rocket has mentioned in the past that this system or something underground in general, would be his preference over above ground structures. Mainly due to server load. Nothing concrete has been said regarding this as of yet (I think), but rest assured, this suggestion is already in consideration  ;)

Amazing base building opportunities right there. I would love to see this eventually. Or even sewers in the main cities. 

Amazing base building opportunities right there. I would love to see this eventually. Or even sewers in the main cities. 

Sewer system would be pretty sweet with the right lighting and # of Z's :P

The thing with underground structures is that you cant make something like a cave and cover it with terrain. Thats because the terrain knows only 1 value of y-axis.

You would need to cover it with an object instead:

2j5e8b7.png

You could do small caves like that, but everything thats bigger doesent work very well because of collision, performance, map design and so on.

What I know about this might not be 100% right, Im not a professional. The only thing I can imagine are underground structures you are teleported to, like when you jump into a sewer entrance you get teleported to the sewer system below the city. Or you could delete the collision for parts of the terrain and maybe make it invisible so you could enter structures beneath the normal terrain.

Sewers actually sound pretty neat just in themselves.

Able to move around under the city undetected