Tired of this

Right at the top of the Steam page and in the game description:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Leave the game to those of us serious about playing and testing it.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 1

You also expect alpha testing to be a fee event. That is where the problems arise and why you simply cannot apply the usual conditions of an alpha test. When you charge people a premium price to test your alpha you can't really act surprised if people have expectations beyond a conventional alhpa test.

I have contributed to many alpha and beta tests over two decades. I have never paid for it! I am not saying this is right or wrong but it creates many shades of grey. I haven't followed the development process with as beady an eye as others and I am not sure why they charged for alhpa.

Be it nescessity or greed. 

The difference is (at least I see it as a vital difference): You did not pay for the Alpha. You paid for the game AND early access (testing) to it, possibly with a discount. And you, directly or indirectly, get to influence it by giving feedback. Also it seems quite normal now. If I look around just a bit (or on Steam) I see various titles in Alpha or Beta. Minecraft is an example where you paid for Beta, possibly Alpha. StarForge. Arma 3. Space Engineers or whatever that other thing in Space is called.

Difference is: You pay for the complete game, not just testing, which might be ridiculous. The Devs can already work with the money early on, and there's often discounts involved. A win / win for all, no?

No one forces anyone to buy early on; if they do and want to play they have to accept what's there by then or play it later on.

Edited by Combine

You do understand the Devs know about these issues?

Perhaps a lot of people need some time away from the alpha for a while.  Wait a few updates.

As for paying to be part of an alpha - yes Early Access is a newish idea, but if people cannot read then what hope is there? You are not paying for a proper game yet.

The outcry for the SA to be released had been deafening for months and as soon as it was released in its early state we get people complaining about bugs and problems.......

• Like 3

You also expect alpha testing to be a fee event. That is where the problems arise and why you simply cannot apply the usual conditions of an alpha test. When you charge people a premium price to test your alpha you can't really act surprised if people have expectations beyond a conventional alhpa test.

I have contributed to many alpha and beta tests over two decades. I have never paid for it! I am not saying this is right or wrong but it creates many shades of grey. I haven't followed the development process with as beady an eye as others and I am not sure why they charged for alhpa.

Be it nescessity or greed. 

Except when it clearly states on the store page why and only why you should be paying for the alpha; to support the project. To be fair, I don't care what anyone thinks about if you should pay for an alpha, what you should expect, yada yada, If you've been straight up told "Look, this game is completely raw. If you do not like that, we do not want you to buy it." and you say "Yes. I am okay with this." then you really have no place to gripe about it being incomplete or the fact you had to pay for it as it is written clear as day and there are ample opportunities to see what you're getting before you're buying.

Not only this, but It's not at all like DayZ is the only alpha that charges a price for this as it's how the "Early Access" program for Steam works. It's essentially a kickstarter without the option to pledge random amounts. Plenty of games have the standard alpha at a set price, then added rewards for larger purchases that act as pledges. There are plenty of games that do the exact same thing DayZ is doing, and DayZ is a highly anticipated title.

Besides, I bet the only reason a public alpha was released at this point was because they were tired of hearing "I don't care what it is, just give us something" and now I bet they're tired of hearing "If it wasn't ready you shouldn't release it".

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

I like how many of these posts start with an "I know it's alpha" and then proceed treating it as a finished game. Being an alpha does not only mean the game will not be 100%. It also means stuff will be completely broken from time to time. Just play something else until it gets fixed. In the same way you wouldn't use an alpha build of an operating system on your PC or your phone as a daily driver, you can't expect the game to work, or even be playable at all times during this stage.

• Like 1

The outcry for the SA to be released had been deafening for months and as soon as it was released in its early state we get people complaining about bugs and problems.......

THIS^^

I may rage at things happening in the SA. I may throw my mousepad at the wall, (because its the only thing I can't break within reach), and I may yell and scare the neighbors. What I will not do is talk shit about it on the forums except for opinions that have to do with decisions already made. Crying about bugs is pointless as I know they are already well aware of them. I was one of those people begging to play it in whatever state it was in. I couldn't care less if the game insta-killed me every other spawn so long as I could see the surrounding land for a moment each time and imagine what is on the horizon. I just wanted to have a small window into the development process of an awesome game. Does it suck that we aren't yet in the future where everything is rosey and I can build a base and defend my suv? Kind of but there are a ton of games out there to play in the meantime and I'm happy I was throwing my money into the pot in the first couple of hours after release. 

So I finally got tired of this BS going on

Trust me when I say this, I love this game, I have 135 hours in the Alpha, been playing DayZ since June, almost every day, this mod/game was the reason I got a gaming PC, I used to be a console gamer.

but this is fucking ridiculous, I died 5 times because the lag kept pushing me out of buildings today, I died 1 time when all I was doing was literally... nothing. I was standing still and I just died(Happened to 2 of my friends too) and some guy in Elektro ghosted on us 4 times in a row.

How hard is it to put a simple damn timer on the game? or make your body stay for at least 1 minute after you leave? to prevent Alt Tabbers and Alt F4's, I know you guys have some kind of system, but it can't be hard to do a simple freaking timer until you all finally decide to release the patch

I've had people Ghost on me and I've still played this game, I've died because of lag and I still played and loved the game, but 5 deaths because the lag keeps teleporting me 30m forward causing me to fall off buildings, 1 inexplicable death and 4 combat logs all in 2 Hours and 10 minutes(Not like anyone's counting) is ridiculously stupid.

Fix your game Devs, it's now been really annoying to play this game, and I keep playing it cause I love it, but it's really hard to have faith in the Devs after all this BS

Now, the glitch were people talk over Global Chat was fixed, now it's back, did the Devs reverted the patch because they didn't know how to fix the disappearing bodies?

I know it's Alpha, and games won't be working 100%, but you can't test it when it's completely broken.

and the lag, what's up with the lag? It wasn't happening the first 3 days, why is it happening all of a sudden?

</Rant>

battle eye lag, along with VAC anti hack...2 anti hacks are going to lag you