Sign in to follow this  
dudemaster

Standalone early access idea

In response to the toxic attitude ever present in the steam forums for the standalone early access, I think it's best for everyone if the disclaimer that presents itself EVERY SINGLE TIME the game is opened were edited.  Change the button to say "I didn't read this" and the function of said button to force quit the game.  Leave instructions for how to proceed somewhere in the disclaimer.  This will keep people whom otherwise do not possess or exercise the gift of literacy from ever being exposed to the obvious shortcomings of an alpha release in its current stage, thereby saving the developers and the rest of the community from being flooded with their belligerent response to it.

70f988189251a1fb7d2f50f09313c8bf.png

In response to the toxic attitude ever present in the steam forums for the standalone early access, I think it's best for everyone if the disclaimer that presents itself EVERY SINGLE TIME the game is opened were edited.  Change the button to say "I didn't read this" and the function of said button to force quit the game.  Leave instructions for how to proceed somewhere in the disclaimer.  This will keep people whom otherwise do not possess or exercise the gift of literacy from ever being exposed to the obvious shortcomings of an alpha release in its current stage, thereby saving the developers and the rest of the community from being flooded with their belligerent response to it.

70f988189251a1fb7d2f50f09313c8bf.png

That will not work well as most people have the common sense to understand the concept of an alpha and thus do not need to be reminded therefore don't read it, so we're just locking them out of the game.

I can safely say I have absolutely no problem reading mor understanding disclaimers or Terms and Conditions, and there was a game that did this for their forums and due to the fact that the terms and conditions contained the phrase "Untick the box at the end to signal you understand these terms" under the definition of "spam" and me being an avid user of forums for 10 years was perfectly aware of the definition of spam chose not to read it and so I did not understand why I was locked out of the forum until someone told me what was up about a week later after I had lost interest.

TL;DR: People skip the disclaimers because they understand them. Setting a "trap" only causes confusion. Also, people are still going to ignore the actual contents of the message even after reading through them.

Edited by Rage VG

That will not work well as most people have the common sense to understand the concept of an alpha and thus do not need to be reminded.

lmao

lmao

Give me a rough estimate of how many people do you think, on average, you see per day post here who don't seem to understand the concept of an "Early Alpha".

Edited by Rage VG

Give me a rough estimate of how many people do you think, on average, you see per day post here who don't seem to understand the concept of an "Early Alpha".

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/

of the 15,000 or so THREADS created over the course of 2 weeks, how many do you think AREN'T directed at berating the development team or otherwise kicking and screaming about the unfinished state of the game?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/

of the 15,000 or so THREADS created over the course of 2 weeks, how many do you think AREN'T directed at berating the development team or otherwise kicking and screaming about the unfinished state of the game?

This is going to be hilarious considering I just said I can read perfectly fine, but I did not see that you were referring to the Steam Forums. Now I get that there are significantly more people complaining on there as there are here (Seems to be a thing with Steam Forums), but I feel that's simply because it's easier to post there than create here; you can't own the game without a steam account. Some people can't be bothered making an account just to be whiny.

I still believe that the number of people who don't understand it's an alpha is significantly smaller than the amount of people who do understand and either don't post when there's a problem, or they leave a constructive report.

Edited by Rage VG