DevilDog (DayZ)

Winter Survival: The Northern Expedition

I totally love this idea, this would add something really cool to the endgame, people would have to team up to survive in the deadly area, people would need many items to survive such as items to make a fire, very warm clothes, map of the area so they know where is a house they can get in and make a fire, lots of food and water etc, but the reward would be very high for the most hardcore and most organized survivors.

Edited by Gdaddy22

DayZ would definitely be cool with more environmental threats.

A snowy mountain makes me think of the game Cryostasis, constantly watching your body temp, huddling around fires...

That much would be great.

Was just thinking about the reward and came up with something.

It can't be ground breaking, so some super weapon would be out, but it has to be something everyone wants.

After finding the abandoned military base you return to the south with.

A BEARD!

FULLBEARDTESTbig.png

I too would like to see this implemented and a freezing factor for when it occurs like people who are underdressed and such..

If the Namalsk map can incorporate cold and environmental side affects on your health then I'm sure parts of the map in DayZ SA could if we expanded north to a snowy mountain like terrain where we had snow and not just different coloured textures, running speed was reduced, some kind of tracks left in the snow for a short while until it snowed over again, the cold made you shake, you could catch an illness and die if you did not find warmth.

So making camp fires, being inside and wearing warm clothing is vital.

This base could hold some form of weapon that only exists up there, like a .50 cal, the ONLY .50 cal sniper rifle, other weapons and military gear are plenty in stock with some food, but not enough food to warrant camping forcing you to come out and hunt wild animals (like dear) which of course with loud weapons runs you the chance of being killed by other players or zombies.

You had me until .50 cal.  There does not need to be a .50 in this game.

You had me until .50 cal.  There does not need to be a .50 in this game.

If you give it a purpose it could be fun.

we had an ice storm 2 weeks ago in my city, covered the whole city with ice, destroyed transformers, 250,000 without power, etc (you can prob guess what city)

then the temp went to -40 and now its going to +7 (celcius)

all i could think of was this thread!

I had the sudden urge to look in abandoned cars for mosins...then i realized i was in my driveway haha

Edited by deebz1234

One of the better ideas I have seen so far, I would be very happy if the devs added this sometime in the future  :beans:

Love this idea because there's a lot of potential. Thinking maybe one of the closest town while your going north might have a rare snowmobile that instead of walking up there two ppl can take and fill it up with supplies. Even a snowsled for all the food and extra gear might be cool. Another thing is once they implement the build your own base you can keep different kinds of gear in the base. So when you and some buddies wanna go up north u guys switch up clothes and gear which anyone that likes any kind of customization will love. Body temps could be cool to adding new items like thermometers. Instead of a overpowered weapon up there maybe the loot can be in some top secret lab where something really cool and unique only to that area would be there. I'm thinking maybe a super medicine which cures any sickness or maybe even something fun like a liquid form of the virus where u can actually inject into ppl to make there characters a zombie. Anyways thats my input and great ideas man really hope they make this game what it really could be.