Sign in to follow this  
cam123321

i think you should be able to get saltwater and evaporate the particles so you can drink it

i think you should be able to get saltwater and be able to use a cup to evaporate the particles from the water to make it drinkable. also i think you should add animals and campfires so you could hunt the animals and cook their meat

I think you've seen too many movies. When you evaporate saltwater the water is gone and the salt stays.

It's not that easy to get the water from saltwater without the salt, especially not in an apocalypselike situation. There are plenty of other ways to get yourself water in an easier way.

As for the animals and foodsources: it's all been discussed and confirmed, even farming as far as I know. It's too early for it, though. Give it time.

I can imagine for all of this to happen. Even the evaporation device. There are some neat little systems that you can build in 10 minutes with a bit of clear plastic/a plastic bag. come back 10 minutes later and harvest your water. Maybe digging for water with the shovel? We'll see. For now we need to get SA ready and out of alpha, this seems more like a beta discussion.

making fresh/drinking water from sea water is called desalination

its not that common and wouldn't make sense at all on this map, only really used in an area with salt water but very little rain or fresh water, and generally a good source of energy.

even making a solar still would not make much sense in the game.

on the dayz map and survival situation it would make infinately more sense to boil and cool pond or stream water for survival.

I think you've seen too many movies. When you evaporate saltwater the water is gone and the salt stays.

It's not that easy to get the water from saltwater without the salt, especially not in an apocalypselike situation. There are plenty of other ways to get yourself water in an easier way.

As for the animals and foodsources: it's all been discussed and confirmed, even farming as far as I know. It's too early for it, though. Give it time.

He wrote it badly.   I think what he means is a device to catch the water in the air.  I made one in science class with a plastic tarp.  Its possible but I don't think it will work in dayz.  It will be easier to go to a fountain and drink from that.

The science behind it is that you make a device to capture the steam.  The steam turns back into water and you have some fresh water to drink.  

You'd need a cook stove, raincoat, some sticks, a knife, duct tape, and canteen. Lot if work when the alternative is just jog to one of the dozens and dozens of water fountains and drink your fill.