Sign in to follow this  
weldersbench

Carrying People/Corpses

Hey guys,

I was just thinking about how I hope they add a feature like this in! Kind of like dragging in the mod but way less glitch-y and a lot more useful! I was thinking something along the lines of a Fireman's lift kind of thing? Just sling them over your shoulder and then you could sprint (be it at a slower pace) and move them?

Thinking it'd be useful for and bodies in the open so you could pick up the body and take it to cover to loot and for friendlies with broken legs/unconscious, can just sling them over your shoulder and take them to cover/hospital to look for something to help them?

I think it'd be really useful and also could open the way for maybe even burial? Say if you have a spade you can dig a grave and then bury teamates/bandits/random corpses (hiding the body in effect) thinking it would make more sense rather than the corpse just sinking into the floor!

So just wondering if anyone heard any news of anything like this? I've looked around but I haven't seen anything!

And was mainly wondering about what you guys think about this too! 

• Like 5

I can get behind this idea. I've stolen gear off bodies (Obviously), I've stolen blood from an AFK new spawn, so i'm all up for being able to steal the actual person, that'd be brilliant.

• Like 2

Even funnier if you're a fresh spawn and knock someone in full gear out and just pick them up and run off with them! Could also act as a human shield if you pick up and unconscious person so the rest of the squad wouldn't shoot you for fear of killing their squad member!

Also could work like handcuffs and blood bag? As in the can cancel it by moving?

My :beans: are all yours, the idea is good, it would need animating and balancing though. Definitely something for a full release! :D

Good idea is a good idea.

I also like the idea of being able to take someone as a human shield. You can get behind them and maybe cuff 'em, then put a gun to their head (animated) and proceed to escape (slowly) until you either let them go with a knockout blow to the head, or shoot them. Would make it interesting when you're in a building with more than one enemy and you manage to get one as a hostage to use as a bargaining chip for your escape. Obviously shooting you from behind has a very real chance of going through their buddy their, too.

Yeah something like that HOP!

Just imagine seeing someone running through Cherno/Elektro with a friends corpse/injured friend just screaming "You shall not take him!" as they disappear over the horizon!

I like it. They should add two options: the fireman's lift as you suggested and the simple dragging.

The fireman's lift would take longer to set up initially (picking up the dead weight and hoisting him/her over your shoulder) BUT you'd be able to move faster than dragging someone.

Dragging, you'd move a lot slower but the benefit of dragging would be nearly instantaneous so you can move a buddy out of harms way almost immediately.

So you'd use the former if you knew you had some time initially and the latter for when the shit was currently hitting the fan and you just needed to get him/her OUTTA there.

Edited by serenityrick

I like the sound of that Rick!

Maybe, if you're conscious, the you cant shoot while being carried but you can while behind dragged? As in if they're conscious with a broken leg under fire you drag them by the scruff of their neck kind of thing to they face backward and could supress to make it more viable to drag in combat?

And also you could struggle, if you regain consciousness while being dragged/lifted then you can struggle out of it? So if you're lifting someone you struggle and you both fall to the ground? Likewise with being dragged you could struggle and trip the other player?

It may be a while till they add this, if they do, as I would assume for stuff like this they would need the ragdoll to be implemented and the time for animation etc nigh on perfect!

Ooooo, and also maybe be able to do it with zombies too? (dead one of course) but be able to carry them and it hide you from other zombies perhaps?

Oh yes. Steal corpes and then cook them at a campfire. Yum!

There were already a bunch of scripts for this in arma. I'm sure the dev team can implement it pretty easily