Dekawar

Respawning Loot? Why with server restart every 4 hours. we do not need it.

Ok i have an idea , with the server restarts every 4 hours. why do we even need Loot to re-spawn.

now if the server never has to be restarted then just make the loot only re-spawn every 4 hours or so.

I like the fact that if you get in the server at a restart you make a rush to get supplies and anything to put them in.  most of the time you cannot find anything to put much in so you if you get a bag or some cargo pants then toss in some stuff and try to get out of the area before the shootings starts.

maybe grab a gun. but as the area gets looted you have to move out of the area looking for food or ammo this forces people to move out and explore the map.

now that if you get killed your Gear stays and people can loot you. it will not be so hard to find gear.

but if an area just re-spawns stuff. then people will just camp an area. and never move out.

sure make the Zombies re-spawn.  but not food

• Like 1

no, for reasons that should be obvious, but arent worth explaining to you.

Pls stop making these kind of suggestions.

Loot needs to get respawned by now and then. Devs will think about the solution of doing a penalty vs campers.

Still,if a house/area is getting camped,that doesn't mean you can't kill them.

Loot respawning is better than a server restart for a number of reasons...

1. Loot respawning can be done gradually and randomly. Instead of a restart and suddenly all the buildings have stuff, loot will gradually respawn in random locations, depending on how much has been picked up.

2. Server restarts can screw with you playing the game. If you're in a firefight and the server restarts you'd better reconnect before the other guy does to avoid being shot before you can even see anything.

3. If every server restarted every 4 hours, you'd get a massive surge of players connecting/disconnecting, which would put the main hive under pressure, causing lag for several minutes.

4. You might be disconnected in the middle of cherno, after killing dozens of zombies. When you rejoin, the zombies will be back, making your previous effort worthless and your ammo wasted (later in the development when there are more zombies).

• Like 5

The servers restart every 4 hours to respawn zombies and loot... So we need zombies and loot to respawn so servers don't need to restart every 4 hours...

I would agree that, as of this moment, there's too much loot when the server respawns. The game needs less loot in the game, but it needs to respawn, obviously. The reason I say this is because I had the luck of having my server restart when I was at the NE airport. I was fully armed within 5 minutes, with an M4 and four 60-round magazines. And when you reach a village that noone has looted yet, it's a paradise of food.

But it's early alpha and loot is not supposed to be balanced yet, so that's not a priority at the moment.

like I had stated above if the server never has to restart then just have the loot respawn every 4 hours.

and only in an area that no one is in. supply drops would be ok also.

really do not like playing like we did in the MOD Dayz loot our a store then run out about 200 to 300 to trigger a respawn of the loot.

come back in and keep doing it until you get the gear you want.

that just not fun and not how it should be played.

You guys act as if they choose to have servers respawn for new loot.

They are working on a system for loot to auto respawn but it's not super easy to do this.

The way it's setup right now is temporary, but its is the easiest way to have loot respawn currently.

The map is to big to have this many items,zombies,players interacting and loot repsawning  without tons of issues be patient but what you want will come when they change how loot works (more then likely when they add loot into some sort of phasing system).

I honestly am shocked that you think they want loot to be spawned in by server restarts honestly some people on these forums, are so new to early stage games.

the amount of loot will need to change if you have more people on the server. and having a lot of Loot at the start with out anything to put the loot in will keep the hording down. also if they add weight limits. and if you are the 1st one in an area then it should not take you so long to gear up. but others might also be in the area and you may not get out alive. if you take to long someone might take you.

the whole game would end up revolving around server restarts. there would be a lot of importance put on knowing what server restarts when. not to mention how it's already being abused by server owners

I know we restart the ArmA2 Mod to clean up the server, it starts lagging without it.

But Like I said above if they do not need to restart the server then make loot spawn only after a long time. so its not like the Mod and people loot cycling buildings. 

force people to head out to the last few towns to find that last can of beans before the server spawns in new food.

yes respawn the zombies.

no no no

items can not be respawn all the time it makes the game ridiculously easy and people do not need to move to other cities to get more items.

items should take at least about 2 hours to spawn again.

the game should be hard to survive.

the benefiet of purchasing alpha is were helping finance better servers, respawns and zombies wont be an issue as they upgrade there systems to support the hive netcode load.

no-one in there right mind would sit and camp a respawn, that's just asking for a bandit to kos you.

The system in the mod wasn't perfect, by it was miles ahead of what we have right now. The current system encourages server hopping as you just know that buildings with open doors will have nothing of value in them. All it takes is 3 or 4 thorough players searching the city and there is nothing left in Elektro or Cherno for 4 hours.

The system in the mod wasn't perfect, by it was miles ahead of what we have right now. The current system encourages server hopping as you just know that buildings with open doors will have nothing of value in them. All it takes is 3 or 4 thorough players searching the city and there is nothing left in Elektro or Cherno for 4 hours.

you do not just stay in electro and cherno .... try to meet other cities on the map.

and about the MOD do not think you played in GLOBAL where the same thing happened, players jumping on each server to be able to wear, and it was even easier because the items spawn every minute.

People will do whatever is easier. If you spawn in Elektro and the city has been picked clean, switching to another server takes 15 seconds while hiking to say, Staroye, will take at least 30 minutes. It's delusion to think most players will choose to walk out of sheer dedication to "how the game should be played".

Edited by Leto