Sign in to follow this  
Lowbi

Server owners restarting server to rollback their deaths...

my 3man barely geared team, gets ghosted on in balotas brig, by some server hoppers... we kill them... and 2 seconds later, the server restarts...

coincidence perhaps...

yet... we come back... and again... they log in the same spot...

kill them again... and server restart in 3 seconds...

not gonna say which server, because the individuals dont matter that much really... its the fact that this is possible...

so basicly, if you own a server, you are immortal

giving server controls to players of said server, will ALWAYS create douchbags.

solution? force server restarts on a schedule. owners who have a problem with this, obviously are farming gear or restarting to avoid deaths. this also prevents people from having 30min restart pve only servers for farming. heres a name of a server "PVE loot farming only, 30min restarts"... this completely ruins the concept of the game, especially since this is part of the main hive...

so... unless you want these "Loot Farm" servers to become "the only fast way to gear up", you will need to fix this, soon.

Edited by Lowbi
  • Like 2

so basicly, if you own a server, you are immortal

Not only are you immortal, you can basically spawn new loot whenever you want. So recipe for success for a team of ~5 or so, occupy each military base, loot it out, restart server repeat for happiness. If you want to get really sassy, kick anyone else off until you're fully geared so you're in no danger.

I really hope to see more restrictions on server owners in the SA. It got out of hand in the mod.

• Like 3

It's not just owners, a glitch allows people to vote themselves admin and restart whenever they want.

It's not just owners, a glitch allows people to vote themselves admin and restart whenever they want.

I thought it was fixed?

I don't think it was fixed, you can kick others, too. I don't think one even has to be an admin.

why can you kick other people?

what purpose should that server other than griefing?

you cannot tell a players name in game, and its a pvp game, so who would you be kicking other than non team members from your farm server? and dont say griefers, because you would have no idea who it was who killed you, due to no kill messages.

• Like 1

I hate games admined by players. It's the worst thing ever. Power hungry kids doing what the fuck they want? No thanks.

• Like 1

the ONLY option is to remove control from players, they dont need it anyway, as i have YET to hear a good reason to kick someone, unless "making room for a friend on a full server" which is dumb because they would be kicking someone at random, and their friend could always spam join till they get in, which doesnt take long. the "making room" excuse was used in the mod a lot, even when the server wasnt anywhere near full.

can we get an official response about this? because its a major game issue, that pretty much ruins any "scavenging" aspect to the game, which is kind of the whole point of the game.

• Like 1

or... add a mechanic that auto moves a player to the nearest edge of town, if they logged out in town, to prevent them from ghosting, but it would still allow server hopping