dacaveboy@hotmail.com

North Chernarus Militia to begin operations on Oceania Servers!

To all users of Oceania servers (NZ-ANZ servers) heed this message.

The North Chernarus Militia -NCM- is to begin conducting counter bandit operations in Chernarus within the week.

The NCM will be actively patroling and conducting counter Insurgency operations in the Northern regions of Chernarus to deter and restrict the actions of bandits.

If you are privy to intel as to where abouts or activity of bandits pass it on to The NCM immediately. If you are encountered by the NCM you will be stopped and questioned, with your details being noted and added to a growing database. If you are acting peacefully you have nothing to fear. Cooperative survivors will be noted.

WARNING: Failure to cooperate could potentially lead to engagement.

To save confusion and friendly fire always respond when contacted by the NCM and follow all directions.

The NCM is here to help you, the peaceful survivor. So we urge you to make it known immediately when you are or have been engaged. Its through the Intel that you, the community, provide us that we will be able to engage and persecute the bandit scum.

The NCM needs you!

The NCM is currently recruiting and needs like minded people to swell its ranks. We have a strong core group of guys with good skills ready to take on fresh blood and bring them to standard, plus a host of resources to make for an effective fighting unit.

If you or someone you know is interested in joining, add me on steam at the name Boganova. you will be vetted both in and out of game. Once you have completed a probation period you will be given access to NCM resources.

See you in the field.

(PS, yes I'm aware this is far fetched, and yes I'm aware that we will draw a lot of hate from bandits and the like. But hey, thats the fun of it. Im not a carebear bandit hater, but someone making my own fun and adding another dynamic to the community. See you guys out there in Zed land.)

I'd be willing to join you but:

->I killed people in self defence, became bandit

->White Knights KOS me, even though I am often working with survivors as a scout (I have a boss-level sense of direction)

-> I am often, by luck, a better shot and thus kill people who try to kill me for my beans

-> My humanity goes down

So yeah, until I can get my -5103 back into the positives, I think you'll be shooting first, asking questions later. Saddening

Add me on steam and we can chat. Put you through a probation and see if we can you back into the green. If you prove trust worthy then we can see from there. I'm all for reformed bandits using their skills to aid in the hunt. Of course, if you turn out to be a genuine bandit then you will get black listed, hunted down and gutted like a pig. Its only fair :P

Before engaging any groups generally the NCM will make themselves known and demand the group stop for questioning. If the group complies then it has nothing to worry about as long as its peaceful. People in Bandit skins who are non responsive to communication and non cooperative are at high risk of engagement unless accompanied by other non bandit survivors.

So you're going to deter death matching.... by.... death matching?

I'm a bandit, and one thing I hate is having to run miles to find new prey. If you're all going to hang around the coast, and make it easy for bandits to find someone to kill, then on behalf of all bandits I'd like to thank you for your misguided intentions.

So while you guys are acting like all the other noobs in DayZ asking "Are you friendly?" and 'questioning' other players, us bandits will be watching the whole thing, reading Side Chat, and ambushing your whole posse of wannabe vigilantes.

haha bring it bro :P

really the main task is to provide some direction in the game man. Most of the peeps in the group have been playing it for quite a while and have gotten to the point where randomly wandering has started to lose its shine.

Combine this with the constant complaining on the forums from noobs about bandits, with the only reasonable way to do anything about them is to do it in game as a community so figured we should form together and see if we could. Sure, it could fall horribly on its face, but its something. Create your own objectives and all that.

As for side chat, yeah your right. That's something I've been scratching my head over for awhile. Id kill for Direct to work properly

Also, you wont be seeing any "Whos shooting in Cherno?" and "Anyone friendly in Elektro, im near the hospital" posts from us. :P

Just trying to get into the spirit of the RPG element of the game bro.

EDIT, Also I wont be near the coast. never said I would. In fact, the North part of the name should give that away?the coast is a lost cause man.

Pretty sure I smashed you on green mountain the other day, you fired 2/3 of a clip at about 10m and didn't hit me once.

Good luck, you'll need it, cause you certainly can't shoot for shit.

(Ps - Thanks for the gear)

haha oh this guy. yeah I remember you. Was more like 5 shots, but im not gonna make excuses. You got the jump on me and got me fair and square. See you in game, if you dont DC first.

haha feel the hate! This is gonna be fun.

(PS you sure I didnt hit you? Looked a hell of a lot like I did on my end. you were bleeding anyway. Could it be Desync?)

haha wow. Haters gonna hate eh. Why the hate man? Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

And the answer is no and no. But you dont seem like the type who really is wanting a truthful answer.

Why northern Chernarus? Won't that just draw more bandits to the coast, where they will prey on noobs?

Pointless creating a database as anyone can create a new ArmA Profile (hence a new name) without losing their character data, you'll be chasing shadows.

Don' go hate on the topic guy man, atleast he made up something instead of wandering everywhere and he's trying to help.

I for one welcome some fresh blood in the north. Let's have us some sport, chaps.

I eagerly await the report of your first operations. It's nice to see some meta gaming that is in the spirit of the game, rather than abuse of the current mechanics.

Hope you guys have a lot of skill and firepower, the North can be unforgiving..

Why northern Chernarus? Won't that just draw more bandits to the coast' date=' where they will prey on noobs?

[/quote']

As someone who makes their living preying on those trying to escape the coast, I can definitely understand it.

The inland areas seem safer but since the best equipment is confined to Starry Sobor and NW Airfield, it's a natural point to head to. The majority of people inland seem to be in pairs or small groups and become perfect targets for ambushes, a much larger one might give me some grief compared to my normal victims.

I look forward to the challenge.

yeah he nailed it. the coast is a bit of a lost cause anyway, in my opinion. Up north you get bandits, but good bandits, guys who actually look for strong prey instead of fresh noobs. And why shoot a bandit on the coast who will respawn immediately and be back on the spot.

Up north is much more fun.

I welconme the bandits saying they will take us down. We will kill some of them, some will kill us. thats the fun of day Z. Ill never understand the rage some peeps get over this stuff.

We will hunt you down darned law makers, the bandits will kill all of you within a week

I find it funny that when lawmen band together to fight the bandits, the bandits fight alone against the lawmen. No honour amongst thieves, eh..?

Well, I for one look forward to this. I haven't been using my M4A3 CCO enough, and frankly, the 18mags in my pack are starting to get a little annoying... Guess I'll give the lawmen a few, in some way or another...