Sign in to follow this  
VViking

Will they be *able* to fix it?

I was itching to buy the standalone and watched Frankie play a little and I instantly noticed a dead body glitching through a wall. Shit like that annoyed me to no end in the mod. Zeds attacking through walls, items glichting through floors, bodies through walls, floors, everything really... 

Cards on the table, can this stuff even be fixed with the engine they are using?! I am seriously starting to doubt it.

Buildings behaved weirldy all the way back in Operation Flashpoint. Then they behaved weirdly in Arma and then in Arma2. Arma3 I haven´t played yet but if I had to take a guess.... :rolleyes:

Nails in the coffin moment was when he got hurt and the blood was still the way it was in the mod, a stream coming out of nowhere next to his body.

They will fix it, it's just model clipping, they are focusing on the most important things to do with servers and optimization first, before fixing and adding loot, it's already un-optimized as it is without barely any zombies and 40 players on one server, the mod could hold around 70 or something with a lot of loot, vehicles and more zombies. It will come, it hasn't even been a month since it came out yet... 

Thing is, when someone dies they go in to a flat-on-the-floor model based upon where they were looking before their untimely demise. If you're facing a call and someone shoots you in the back of the head, you're going to fall through the wall no matter what. The engine doesn't support ragdolls as far as I know.

I have no idea why stuff glitches with the floor. It's probably the way buildings are different to the ground. It seems like they're not attached to the map, but rather objects themselves. They'll fix it eventually, tis only alpha, and a very early one at that.

• Like 1

@OP no it wont get fixed not unless rocket learns to code and FAST

Edited by soulesseye

You can expect graphical glitches to be ironed out. IMO pretty much everything but the engine can be fixed or added given time. I have my doubts on if this game will ever run smoothly on even top tier system tho.

Edited by CDriVe1335

Of course the engine can be fixed. It just needs BIS to have the will and resources to try.

Like a any piece of complicated SW, there's elements of code that you wouldn't want to disturb unless you're utterly sure there won't be any new issues introduced by the changes you make.

Fix? I think the more correct question is, will they create a game? As it is FAR from completed. It's not fixed couse they are still creating the game. They now have the resources from all the sales, and a solid base/engine to start on, all they need is will. If the engine completly screws them over, start over fresh on a new platform.

I wish them luck, and all the time they need to create the game we want.

Also, I'd like to remind you:
It's an Alphur!

• Like 1

Nauticus nailed it. The game is miles from being completed. Most people don't even know what an Alpha test is because they are usually conducted by the creators. 

• Like 1

You can expect graphical glitches to be ironed out. IMO pretty much everything but the engine can be fixed or added given time. I have my doubts on if this game will ever run smoothly on even top tier system tho.

I'm running an i7-4770k OCed to 4.5 and a GTX 770 and was at a stable 70FPS on most things on ULTRA on a max pop through cherno/elektro/NWAF/Balota. With more optimization to come I think it will be fine, might be bit of a GTA IV when it comes to having it maxed out though