Sign in to follow this  
Ranadaine

Regeneration just won't start

So in the very beginning of my current DayZ life I got wounded pretty hard, then bandaged myself, made it to NEAF and so on. What bothers me is that all this way I've done like in a old movie, black and white only.

Now I'm completely equipped, constantly stuffed with food and water, used antibiotics once and cleaned my wounds with alcohol tincture multiple times (each time getting "my wounds are clean now" message, of course). And despite that I can't get the "healing" status. What else should I try?

Edited by Ranadaine

I never got the 'healing' status. The only status I got was 'healthy' and I was full on food, drink, free of illness, full health and had no wounds. To get blood to regenerate you have to eat and drink until you get the 'My stomach is full' message.

I never got the 'healing' status. The only status I got was 'healthy' and I was full on food, drink, free of illness, full health and had no wounds. To get blood to regenerate you have to eat and drink until you get the 'My stomach is full' message.

Healthy is what you get when you are "healing" but there's nothing to heal actually. And as I said, I'm keeping myself constantly fed and hydrated, completely no illness, but regeneration just isn't there.

EDIT Just cleaned wounds again. Waiting.

Edited by Ranadaine

Healthy is what you get when you are "healing" but there's nothing to heal actually. And as I said, I'm keeping myself constantly fed and hydrated, completely no illness, but regeneration just isn't there.

Have your wounds healed yet, any text in the gear menu worth mentioning?

Hi there...

What he said....eat and drink until you get "im full", rest after you run, you know...take it easy

Use antibiotics, they dont heal you immediately...also Vitamins should help...

Even now...how the health system works is a little mysterious...

Common sense also helps... ;)

Have fun out there...

here ya go! from the poster named in the video

Edited by Ynneead

also after you understand regeneration also by the same guy

Edited by Ynneead

If all else fails you can request medic support. Medics can be found here on the forums and reddit. I have called in backup and gotten out of a few jams now, was a fun and helpful scenario. Only or those who are wanting to radio for help.

Actually, the problem resolved itself when I was sitting in a bush 200-300m from NEAF. Fresh spawn resolves any issues lol.

And a video is extremely helpful.

Edited by Ranadaine

i can promise you regeneration works, i've done it once so far in the standalone... It's less of im full, and more Over-fed... Make sure your not just spamming water pumps, you have to eat till your full. then go hit a water pump.. rice fills and cereal fill you up the fastest, but they take away water, i suggest eating a whole bag of rice, 2 bean can's and then hydrate till your overfed.. you will slowly start to see color again,, the alcohol is the fastest and most effective way to clean wounds, you only need to apply once after bandages..

This will give you a sick status until your wounds are fully healed. Once they are clear and healed which takes about 45 mins start the blood regeneration process. This will also take about 45 mins depending on how much you eat.. There is a fine line though, don't make yourself vomit. Basically what i did was went and gathered a ton of food, then found a vantage point that i could not be flanked on. I was healed and regenerated in about 1 hours... That video above helped alot and is what i used to make sure I did it right.

Also you want to make sure you character is health even if you not wounded.. A white healthy message will be in the normal status spot when you have reached healthy. If your healthy when you get hurt you regeneration should start right away. without the need for food immediatly

Edited by Deepfryer

a mate and i found that saline bags recovered colour in his sight after being injured quite severely.

saline bags do heal blood (which is color related), but do nothing for health (as per standalone is what is keeping you alive)

So in the very beginning of my current DayZ life I got wounded pretty hard, then bandaged myself, made it to NEAF and so on. What bothers me is that all this way I've done like in a old movie, black and white only.

Now I'm completely equipped, constantly stuffed with food and water, used antibiotics once and cleaned my wounds with alcohol tincture multiple times (each time getting "my wounds are clean now" message, of course). And despite that I can't get the "healing" status. What else should I try?

You have to get to the healthy status first, which means you need to eat/drink until your inventory screen shows a "healthy" status.  Once you are in a healthy status, if you are wounded, your status will change to "healing"

As I believe is mentioned in the video, you have to recover all of your blood before you start recovering health. And I believe recovering health actually takes away some of your blood, so basically you have to stay well fed and well hydrated for possibly a few hours if you're pretty wounded.