seifeler

Would you like to play on our PRIMETIME server?

Colin I dont think you get the whole Idea from this. In rMod of the Dayz Mod you could use those "Hacks", how you call them, if you was Admin. And on a Server like Elysium the Admins wont use those teleporting Abilitys to get to other Players to kill them or to scavenge the Citys. Why should they? The Idea in using those Abilitys is to set up the Szenarios as realistic as it can be. Just think about how epic it would be if you have, for example, a "mission" to save some Survivors, played by Admins, in a Town, totaly overruned by Zombies. This will only be possible if the Admins can spawn Zombies to lurk around and attack you. This Server is not meant to be a "normal" run around and loot towns to get gear Servers, it is meant to be to feel like in a movie, where things can happen that will never happen in the normal Dayz. It´s all about the Atmosphere you will get by playing on a RP Server like this. Thats why Elysium is totaly Different to the other RP Servers you can find.

Colin I dont think you get the whole Idea from this. In rMod of the Dayz Mod you could use those "Hacks", how you call them, if you was Admin. And on a Server like Elysium the Admins wont use those teleporting Abilitys to get to other Players to kill them or to scavenge the Citys. Why should they? The Idea in using those Abilitys is to set up the Szenarios as realistic as it can be. Just think about how epic it would be if you have, for example, a "mission" to save some Survivors, played by Admins, in a Town, totaly overruned by Zombies. This will only be possible if the Admins can spawn Zombies to lurk around and attack you. This Server is not meant to be a "normal" run around and loot towns to get gear Servers, it is meant to be to feel like in a movie, where things can happen that will never happen in the normal Dayz. It´s all about the Atmosphere you will get by playing on a RP Server like this. Thats why Elysium is totaly Different to the other RP Servers you can find.

No, I don't think you get the whole idea. How many times do I have to say, I am TALKING ABOUT "Dean Hall" PRIVATE HIVES. rMod has NOTHING to do with any official "dean hall" hives.

Speculate and post these ideas of a "mission" like you have, but it will never happen in the official hive, official public or official private. It COMPLETELY goes against EVERYTHING DayZ stands for and what Dean Hall is working for. Why on EARTH would the staff make one server on the public completely different? Like I said, you are looking for a private hive and mods that are not a part of the official branch.

I am keeping this as civil as possible, but it is hard to do so when you all are posting ridiculous speculation that will just open the doors wider for hackers.

Colin, thanks for staying civil and thanks for the heads up on the PBO-Files as well as clearing up what you meant with the different private hives.

EDIT: I don't have a problem with the server being on a blacklist. We won't have problems getting this server full nonetheless. 

Please let us not further discuss admin features, because it will only lead to anger and misunderstanding.

To clarify a feature: There'll be no missions on -= Elysium =-. There'll be encounters with real players and actors who may eventually ask you for certain items (i.e. when wounded, they ask you for a bandage or when hungry, they ask you for food) or they may ask you to do something for them (lone girl wants player to bring her to her parent's house). There'll be a reason for them to ask you. Everything special will be the result of human interaction where anything is possible. This is not to be misunderstood as missions like in DayZ Epoch. There shouldn't be an on screen prompt telling you to go somewhere or do something. 

I'd like to discuss something with you: You said that our idea goes completely against what Rocket or DayZ stands for. My opinion is the complete opposite. 

Please read the OP and tell me again if you think that this breaks the DayZ idea. Currently DayZ SA -> ALPHA <- is a First/3rd Person Shooter where everyone just Kills On Sight. I think it'll be a lot closer to what I understand to be the DayZ idea when people will interact a lot. I'd very much like to hear your opinion on that.

Edited by Kassander

You still don't understand. I am saying that having Devs put in teleportation tools, spawning items and what not goes against everything in DayZ, not to mention that I doubt they will create a single server package just for you. If they were to publicize that then they would have to completely scrap the Public Hive too because admins could spawn guns, join another server and kill people with that gear.

I like your original idea, I won't play in the server personally because I'll be hosting my own servers; but I like the idea.

I am simply saying that unless you use a custom private hive you will not be able to do these things; and we have yet to know if the custom private hives will even work on the game as opposed to the official public and private, for security and optimization purposes.

Maybe, at one point in the future, they will implement the ability to rent a private hive, hosted on their own database. One may apply for certain features (like the ones I mentioned) with a solid written concept and paying for the time they (BI) have to review the application. I am sure a lot of serious server owners will be interested and willing to go through this process. Also, there already is an "abuse-report-system" in place that seems to be working fine.

I honestly don't think you seem to be getting the point, I've said more than enough to hint and even explain why it will never happen.

I give up...

• Like 1

Colin, I understand your point that features like the one's I mentioned won't be implemented in the code. But I still believe there will be possibilities for us to be able to run the server efficiently.

I was a former inhabitant of Elysium and can say that playing on this server was the best DayZ experience I ever had. I must say that I typically play a hero character and I try not to shoot anyone unless he starts shooting at me first.

On Elysium I met countless friendly people every day, but I also had a lot of exciting encounters where I wasn't sure how it will end. I was shot by bandits a few times and was taken hostage by a big bandit group (10-15 people). They brought me to their base, consisting of like 20 houses. It was amazing. 

I also had the honor to take part in two big events on the server and I can say: I have not experienced anything like this in my 20 years of being a computer gamer. In the first event, we met an old doctor, looking for his children. We brought him to his former home, where he found the body of his daughter. The scene with old man mourning for his daughter was heart breaking. If there was an Oscar for best performance in a video game, this guy deserves it.

I am so much looking forward to play on this server again and I am sure it'll be a wonderful experience.

making money from someone else's game is just being a leech, regardless of intentions. no thanks

Oh Jesus, grow up. Global companies make products off of other peoples ideas all day long. Do you think the DayZ team is going to pay the originator of the zombie idea.

• Like 1

•  I would play on on the server if it is monitored.

• At the moment I wouldn't join your staff, but this could change when private hives hit the market.

• Random ingame events that aren't announced for example. 

• I would help pay for a server, but only if it has a clan pay feature like.

As long as these "Surviving military" people are wearing TTsKo (It's the closest to Chernarussian Camo) I won't disrupt your server by butchering ye

Chauz: I would play on on the server if it is monitored.

What do you mean by "monitored"? Do you mean monitored by active admins? Yes that's part of the plan (see the OP).

Or by an independent entity that takes care that our gamemasters and admins do not abuse their power? That'd be great. I am absolutly positive with that.

At the moment I wouldn't join your staff, but this could change when private hives hit the market.

If you like, visit the FB-page in my signature to stay in contact with us. I am not checking DayZ-Forums as often as the FB-page.

Random ingame events that aren't announced for example. 

That's a good point. My opinion is, that it'll depend on the features available to our gamemasters. If we get features like the ones I talked about in a post above we can run every event without announcing it. It will just be "in-flow" with everybody playing the game the way they like to do. But if we have to run the server like they are now, the map is too big for large events to go unannounced. Also, it will make random encounters a lot more difficult. Let's say I put two actors with a nice open story to Zelenogorsk. They may sit their asses of for hours when nobody is close to the city. And their time and ability is wasted. Of course there are the usual places like Cherno where one could always set a little event in. 

I would help pay for a server, but only if it has a clan pay feature like.

Could you elaborate on that? What's a clan pay feature? 

King of kong: As long as these "Surviving military" people are wearing TTsKo (It's the closest to Chernarussian Camo) I won't disrupt your server by butchering ye

When I read your post I thought: "If that guy is a troll, he is a bad one." And then I saw what was written under your user name.

Edited by Kassander

King of kong: As long as these "Surviving military" people are wearing TTsKo (It's the closest to Chernarussian Camo) I won't disrupt your server by butchering ye

When I read your post I thought: "If that guy is a troll, he is a bad one." And then I saw what was written under your user name.

Oh my god, don't hate cause' I like to keep the game true to lore

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 2

No hate. I can only say the position "loremaster" is still available, if you'd like to apply...

No hate. I can only say the position "loremaster" is still available, if you'd like to apply...

Sign me up.

• Like 1

Chauz: I would play on on the server if it is monitored.

What do you mean by "monitored"? Do you mean monitored by active admins? Yes that's part of the plan (see the OP).

Or by an independent entity that takes care that our gamemasters and admins do not abuse their power? That'd be great. I am absolutly positive with that.

At the moment I wouldn't join your staff, but this could change when private hives hit the market.

If you like, visit the FB-page in my signature to stay in contact with us. I am not checking DayZ-Forums as often as the FB-page.

Random ingame events that aren't announced for example. 

That's a good point. My opinion is, that it'll depend on the features available to our gamemasters. If we get features like the ones I talked about in a post above we can run every event without announcing it. It will just be "in-flow" with everybody playing the game the way they like to do. But if we have to run the server like they are now, the map is too big for large events to go unannounced. Also, it will make random encounters a lot more difficult. Let's say I put two actors with a nice open story to Zelenogorsk. They may sit their asses of for hours when nobody is close to the city. And their time and ability is wasted. Of course there are the usual places like Cherno where one could always set a little event in. 

I would help pay for a server, but only if it has a clan pay feature like.

Could you elaborate on that? What's a clan pay feature? 

Clan pay is a option some hosts have where members of a community can pay for the server for example you have a 80 euro server and people can follow track regarding how much is still left.

Some more info but most hosts have these options. And you can implement most on your website as a widget or plugin.

• Like 1

Clan pay is a option some hosts have where members of a community can pay for the server for example you have a 80 euro server and people can follow track regarding how much is still left.

Some more info but most hosts have these options. And you can implement most on your website as a widget or plugin.

Good stuff. We will try to implement this when we have a website. At the moment the FB-page is doing well but we hope to have a website in the near future. What about the monitoring question? From your signature I see that you are interested in preventing abuse. How do you think it is possible to effectively monitor a server? Who could do that?

Sign me up.

Done.

Just to keep people in check at the start I assume you have RP people that would join up and then ofc have the baddies joining your server to mess with them.

I think it's a good idea for the server to be monitored. It should be a good tool to prevent abuse. But the question is: How to find someone who is...

• independent

• respected and trusted by the community

• having a lot of free time

• doing it for free?

And it get's a lot more difficult when one has to think about who will monitor the person who monitors the server.

So I think an even better tool is to have players monitor the server, like it is done now with servers kicking people/ having no-KOS-rules/ being locked. If someone suspects our gamemasters to abuse their powers (like handing out gear to players), the player can report the server. If the server gets too many abuse reports, we get the chance to remove the abusive gamemaster. If abuse doesn't stop, the server will be shut down. 

We'll be investing a lot of money and free time in the server so we will do everything in our power to prevent abuse. It's of utter importance for the atmosphere on the server that players trust us to play fair. When this trust is broken, the idea of the server falls apart. 

Lady Kyrah: It is the decision of the moderators of this forum that this thread belongs in General Discussion, because it's not an actual server (yet). I am a hundred percent okay with them putting the thread where ever they think it fits. 

I very much hope to discuss the features of the server, the unique situations that can happen on a server like this, the things we need to run the server, the costs and the risk and reward granting admin powers. If someone has a question, please don't hesitate to ask. If you like to comment or express your opinion about the server and the features, feel free to do so.

Edited by Kassander

, we met an old doctor, looking for his children. We brought him to his former home, where he found the body of his daughter. The scene with old man mourning for his daughter was heart breaking. If there was an Oscar for best performance in a video game, this guy deserves it.

sZHmrRo.gif

How do I get to see this. Just tell me the $ per month...

And I forgot to add, is the server in US or Europe. Asking because of latency

thx

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

• Would you like to play on the -=[ Elysium ]=- PRIMETIME server?
  • Would you like to join the -=[ Elysium ]=- PRIMETIME staff?
  • What other features would you like to see on the -=[ Elysium ]=- PRIMETIME server?
  • Would you even be willing to pay for a server like this? If yes, how much are you willing to pay per month?

1. Yes

• 2. No
  • 3. -
  • 4. No
  • Like 1

How do I get to see this. Just tell me the $ per month...

I remember that particular scene very well. I was directing the event from outside the game, instructing the actors and keeping track of the story, changing it "on-the-fly" whenever needed. The actor who played Dr. Whitaker was fabulous. When players brought him to his old house, they found the body of his daughter. He told the players to wait outside, but they could listen to him having a "dialogue" with his dead daughter ("Nina, if you can hear me, this is your father. I know I have never been a good dad..."). He told me, when he left the house, all players who witnessed him mourning were standing in a line, saluting. He said he got goosebumps seeing that. It's a real shame we didn't think about recording the first event. If I only had a 5 minute recording of this scene or one of the other great scenes (the actor of Dr. Whitaker's son was also absolutely great), we woudn't have any problems advertising our ideas. 

I have a few recordings of the second event but alas, the actor forgot to turn on the recording of his own voice in Fraps. So it doesn't make any sense to release this recording.

Edited by Kassander

I remember that particular scene very well. I was directing the event from outside the game, instructing the actors and keeping track of the story, changing it "on-the-fly" whenever needed. The actor who played Dr. Whitaker was fabulous. When players brought him to his old house, they found the body of his daughter. He told the players to wait outside, but they could listen to him having a "dialogue" with his dead daughter ("Nina, if you can hear me, this is your father. I know I have never been a good dad..."). He told me, when he left the house, all players who witnessed him mourning were standing in a line, saluting. He said he got goosebumps seeing that. It's a real shame we didn't think about recording the first event. If I only had a 5 minute recording of this scene or one of the other great scenes (the actor of Dr. Whitaker's son was also absolutely great), we woudn't have any problems advertising our ideas. 

I have a few recordings of the second event but alas, the actor forgot to turn on the recording of his own voice in Fraps. So it doesn't make any sense to release this recording.

No , I mean how can I get to see a similar thing in Dayz on your server? It's something like a Theme village, right? Whats the monthly membership fee that you guys charge? If you can't say here in public send me a pm

• Like 1