Sign in to follow this  
ozmann99

Using the Hotbar for items.

So I have a story, that I'd like to share. It's not long so you can bear with me but. I had just died because of logging out in the Rify ship (BAD IDEA) so I spawned In a small town and made my way down to Elektro, where I proceeded to find 5 pistols 5 holsters 1 magnum, 3 fireaxes, 1 pistol clip. and some other survival gear. Then enter the hospital at the SW side of town. Find a beautiful baby girl laying there, just asking for me. So I picked her up, carried on upstairs to find 3 rounds to load her with. (Named her Mosy BTW.) climb up to the very top, am slowly jogging toward the edge, proceed to take out Mosy to look around for a bit, maybe break her in. Then whilst taking her out, I end up walking off the hospital because taking out my gun forced me to keep running. That's how I lost a love of my life. But it seems like other times, while I'm running it forces me to stop to take out a weapon, and would just like to say I would really love to see them go and fix that Hot bar quick selection up, because half the time it doesn't seem to work. (Story Time Over)  :(

I haven't gotten my hotbar to work all night.  Doors haven't opened very well either.

I wouldn't have even attempted stairs or a roof.

Every server I see is <10 pop.

Something fishy is going on here

A similar thing happened to me but i had a much shorter fall, even so it was off a bridge though, and i took no damage at all. Stress levels hit the roof during my short fall though!

When taking out your pistol, the character stops running to do the animation. You can still control your characters direction while he's running and switching weapons. The hotbar also doesn't like too take out things when I tell it so just opening the gear menu and dragging the item into my hands is much quicker.

The hotbar is a bit clunky atm, I agree. Sometimes it stops you from running, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you get your weapon out, sometimes it just puts it back onto your back. It's inconsistency has cost me a lot of blood D: (literally). Hopefully it'll improve as they patch/develop. 

It had just happened to me tonight, so I felt sad and decided to share. Doors and ladders work great for me though, havent had any problems with them, Just the animation for taking out my Mosin didnt allow me to stop walking so I ended up going off the edge from the roof of the hospital

That moment you rubber band off a high ledge.....

That sh*t is the cause of the most fear i have had in the game, even when nothing happens.

Yeah the hotbar, its sluggish time to time . It depents on the server to at some server it goes fast and some not so.
For me worked it than i smashed the buttons 3 or 4 times.