Sign in to follow this  
genaknosc

My advice to fresh spawns being mugged by armed "bandits"

Most are probably just teenage punks in real life, playing out some sort of sociopathic alpha-male fantasy.

By playing into their game, allowing yourself to be handcuffed, dropping what little stuff you have, getting on your knees, etc. you're just giving them a chance to take your stuff without damage before they shoot you. And chances are, they will just shoot you. I can't count how many videos I've seen on youtube where goons like this just murder the hapless players anyway. And worst of all, you're satisfying their desire to dominate others.

Grow a pair and go down fighting. Don't give them the satisfaction of watching you grovel for mercy.

Fisticuffs - Learn how to circle strafe and land knock-out punches to the head. You can one-hit knock other players down if they lack head protection. Once they are on the ground, pummel them.

Swarm - If you are with a buddy or others, all of you should bum rush them. Chances are, several of you will go down, but you might be able to take down one or two of them as well. Sprint like crazy, and learn how to "punch sprint" for 20% more speed.

Attrition - At the very least, make them waste their ammo. By allowing them to take your stuff without a fight, you just encourage them to continue doing it.

Finally, if you just spawned recently anyway, what have you got to lose? Besides your dignity...

Most are probably just teenage punks in real life, playing out some sort of sociopathic alpha-male fantasy.

By playing into their game, allowing yourself to be handcuffed, dropping what little stuff you have, getting on your knees, etc. you're just giving them a chance to take your stuff without damage before they shoot you. And chances are, they will just shoot you. I can't count how many videos I've seen on youtube where goons like this just murder the hapless players anyway. And worst of all, you're satisfying their desire to dominate others.

Grow a pair and go down fighting. Don't give them the satisfaction of watching you grovel for mercy.

Fisticuffs - Learn how to circle strafe and land knock-out punches to the head. You can one-hit knock other players down if they lack head protection. Once they are on the ground, pummel them.

Swarm - If you are with a buddy or others, all of you should bum rush them. Chances are, several of you will go down, but you might be able to take down one or two of them as well. Sprint like crazy, and learn how to "punch sprint" for 20% more speed.

Attrition - At the very least, make them waste their ammo. By allowing them to take your stuff without a fight, you just encourage them to continue doing it.

Finally, if you just spawned recently anyway, what have you got to lose? Besides your dignity...

As a player who shoots players for fun and for self defense frequently, I will say that these methods DO work. Plus you feel like a complete badass when you use your fists to take down an armed assailant.

Great tips man! 

I haven't been personally handcuffed but these are some nice methods you could use in a situation like that.

the best thing to do is handcuff server hoppers while they stand there for 30 seconds loading their gun and say surprise!

yep make the teenage MFs work for their shit, if you're just a new spawn and hardly have anything worth fighting for YOLO the little shits. In the end you may die and have to respawn, but do so knowing you made them have to bandage up for a can of beans and whatever else you had in your pockets and it'll take out a little of the sting of having to deal with douchebags like them. Make em waste rounds by running like a fucking made man.

I've done it a few times and had a blast with it died laughing my ass off.

I don't understand you people.

You spend the entirety of the mod, whining about KoS and bandits.

Now, when people are willing to not shoot you you complain about it because you'd rather they just shoot you.

What.The.Hell.

Works like a charm.  I was a bambi in the Cherno firehouse and just found a 45 when I started getting sprayed with an M4 in the back.  I started sprinting out the back door to almost run right into the dude who was still popping shots off.  I ran around the corner and he started yelling "Friendly! Friendly! Get on the ground! (as I was bleeding like a stuck pig)".  I got the gun into my hand and came back around the corner and blasted the crap out of him.

Thank you bandit for the pristine M4 with all the attachments and the full ammo box...you made my day.

BTW - L2aim