Sign in to follow this  
ianramos

Items disappearing after use, bug or feature?

When you use a bloodbag, a blood test kit, eat a canned food or whatever, the item simply disappear, and I am pretty sure it would be very very nice if you would be able to use those empty items again, just by using water or those desinfectors to clean up the bloodbag, the cans or whatever. Also when you use the same item several times it would damage it until it get ruined, so you have to drop it and find a pristine one. And the empty cans could be used to boil water or craft some future new items.

How does that sound?

Some items are single time use, blood test kit for example is used on one person, wouldn't want to go sharing needles now would ya?

• Like 1

The blood bag wouldn't be sterile anymore, even if you disinfect it it'll still pose a risk of infection/contamination.  The blood test kit, I've never seen/used one in real life but if its anything like a drug test kit it's not something you can just wash out and reuse.  Tin cans would be nice to use later on, but for now they'ed just be inventory waste.

It's an apocalypse zombie, you don't have choice if you are desesperate and it's your only chance to survive.

Think about it...

I think that we can take the "bloodbags are not sterile"-argument off the table.

If you think it more, you find some bloodbag in garage unit, you then proceed to take blood from some half naked fresh spawn and then carry it for days. That shit would kill you in a instance. We should remember that it is a game after all, and it shouldn't be TOO realistic. And no, i'm not defending bloodbags, i've never ever used any in SA since staying healthy seems to be the best medicine to everything :)

I think that we can take the "bloodbags are not sterile"-argument off the table.

If you think it more, you find some bloodbag in garage unit, you then proceed to take blood from some half naked fresh spawn and then carry it for days. That shit would kill you in a instance. We should remember that it is a game after all, and it shouldn't be TOO realistic. And no, i'm not defending bloodbags, i've never ever used any in SA since staying healthy seems to be the best medicine to everything :)

Exactly... You said everything:

The way you find, keep and get blood from is considered realistic inside this game word, eh? So why re-using it by incresing infection probability or just discart it somewhere (and it will mean someone has been there if you find some empty items, right? It brings realism, like finding empy cans, bloodbags or whatever).