Sign in to follow this  
SuperCharged

It would be interesting if the player needed to rest in the game

There's hunger, thirst, sickness, injuries and so on, but not resting. I think it would be fun and interesting if the player needed to rest in a bed (or something of that matter) to regain some strength. Additionally, in order to rest safely, the player should be able to barricade windows and doors with wood, nails and a hammer. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

I don't want to have to stop playing the game for hours because my character wants to sleep. 

I don't want to have to stop playing the game for hours because my character wants to sleep. 

Not sleep, but rest. Like a minute or two max.

Edited by SuperCharged
  • Like 1

I thought that 'resting' by sitting already increased your characters energy to get the healthy status?

Resting by a fire to warm up and get some energy back would be ok, but not for more than like 2 minutes at a time lol. Although barricading myself in a house and using the fireplace would be cool (just don't let people server hop into the house). I do think you need to rest to fight off sickness already though.

Edited by DevilDog
  • Like 1

Resting is already in the game, you can hear yourself breathe heavily the more you run. Obviously its in alpha so it doesn't do much but I have had some friends claim after about 30 minutes of straight up sprinting they passed out. Also, you need to rest to fix your aim otherwise you'll be all shaking trying to shoot something

actually it's supposed to be the case already. You need to sit few minutes to keep your healthy status after losing some energy (like running on a long distance).

but it tested to never sit for several hours with some sprint of 2-3km and didn't loose my healthy status , so I guess there is some balance to do

Edited by matiman

OH resting, I think that's already in the game. If you run you're cross hairs go all wonky, than you rest, than it's fine. 

The dumbest idea ever. If anything if you rest you should gain HP

Exactly, maybe an HP boost or strength build after being attacked.

Resting by a fire to warm up and get some energy back would be ok, but not for more than like 2 minutes at a time lol. Although barricading myself in a house and using the fireplace would be cool (just don't let people server hop into the house). I do think you need to rest to fight off sickness already though.

Yeah something like this is exactly what I was thinking, and hopefully the issue of players server hopping and killing others instantly will be fixed. If so, then barricading would be pretty cool, especially since zombies can already run through doors.

Edited by SuperCharged

Run. Run some more. Hear that: It's you breathing heavy. Press 'F3' to sit down. See, your breathing gets lighter. Try it again, but this time don't sit down. See, it takes longer to recover your breathing.

So, already in-game. Job done. Good job.

Sleeping, though. Bad idea. Sleeping gets you killed! Period!

• Like 1

yes stamina and the need to rest a while sometimes would make the game more immersive and improve the survival feature.

p.d: +1 to devildog comment.