ItsDan

Vehicles in standalone? How long until they're released?

I love Dayz Standalone, almost every aspect of it, and i know this is a relativeley new release and the devs are working hard on it. But if youve got go somewhere thats the other side of the map, weather its to go see a friend or to go and loot somewhere, for me personally running everywhere gets a little a boring. Im not here to be mad or troll or whatever and i know for sure its an ALPHA! And id rather wait for the vehicles to be real good before they release them but when is the expectated date or period for them to be released?

Personally I expect between 6 and 12 months, maybe more, but there have not been made any official statments yet.

It will be awhile since they're reworking them from the ground up. I'm hoping it will take a lot to repair/maintain them unlike the Mod, which I'm sure will happen.

no one can give you an exact date for it .

but i guess it will be after server and client side fixes and improvements . cause they re-coding the vehicles and those fixes are in top priority . 

Since there are a fuckton of bugs and uncompleted features right now, it would be logical to fix those instead of adding more features that will bring more bugs, don't you think?

I'd expect them in 6-7 months but knowing Rocket, we can't be certain.

Bicycles might be easier to code in, and I'd see them to be the first to get implemented.

Edited by Hosty

Since the vehicles haven't been updated for about 10 years from what Rocket has said, it's going to be reworked entirely from the ground up to suit Standalone. This includes interchangeable parts and more.

Im glad that they are reworking them, some of the arma 2 vehicles just didnt want drive properly or use physics, mid 2014 isnt bad either, i can wait and im sure other updates of the game will keep me busy :D

Hi there...Welcome!

My guess...Beta or Later...6-8 months