Sign in to follow this  
Papadragon

Mosin shot through an opened window and hit the wall... bug or not?

Hi there,

I'm kinda new to this game. I finally got a weapon (Mosin 1930) and my friend decided to bring a few adventurers into my ambush at a village.

I was standing near an opened window on a second floor with a view on the water pump. 

I leaned (e) and aim/zoom at the head with spacebar up but not with the iron sight vision (weapon's vision).

The shot hit the wall instead on the left in the house.

Do we actually need to be in a weapon sight to shoot? or being in a 3rd person perspective is enough. 

Do we need to be crouch?

I fired a shot in 3rd person view before to make sure and it was accurate... and it was.

Does leaning is the issue?

Is it the breaking window?

Thank you!

Sorry about my english!

The bullet fires from the barrel, not the scope like many arcade shooters. Your scope could say you will just make it past the wall, but your barrel is not peeking around the wall, so, the bullet hits the wall.

Edit: I drew you a picture to illustrate your problem: 

uQRuuCm.jpg

Edited by Shenanigans
  • Like 3

If your scope only points just above the window, your barrel will still be pointing at the wall, like in real life.

I hope that was understandable :P

Edit: Ninjas everywhere...

Edited by Korsbaek

Your text is like the holy bible, it only lacks the numbering lol.

And Jesus welcomed his fellow human beings.

And After his glorious resurrection, he armed himself with God`s tools. He paired of with his son, who decided to join him at his ambush at a village called Betlehem. 

He was standing upright, near an opened window on a second floor with a view on the villages water pump. 

He leaned in and aimed/zoomed at the head with spacebar up but not with the iron sight vision (goat penis).

The shot hit the wall instead on the left in the house. It was a miracle. All his friends gathered around to witness his incredible gift.

Now, humanity, do we actually need to be in a weapon sight to shoot? Should not a 3rd person perspective be enough to live a fulfilled life, completely free of sin?

Does leaning is the issue?

Is it the breaking window?

We do not need to be crouch. God has given us the power.

Jesus, speaking God into taking his powers from thee for demonstration purposes, fired another shot in 3rd person view to make sure and it was accurate... and it was. And God saw that it was good.

Amen!
Edited by 27 others

The wider your field of view the further the dot from your actual point of aim is. To test this aim the dot at a door handle, then go first person and you will see the crosshairs are actually higher than the dot.

Regarding the scope-barrel connection, the scope and barrel should still be close enough together for you not to miss and hit the wall.

Edited by Chasieboy317

Simple, as other has stated before me, the wall was in front of your barrel. This game is some what realistic, meaning, the bullets do actually come from the barrel and not from the scope/eyes...