SgtStiffler

Fix for AMD FX-8350?

Hey guys,

I know it's in its alpha stage, but I can't seem to even play the game at all. Even with very low settings I can barely sustain 30FPS. I've tried the config settings and the 8 core command on Steam's boot options - none of which have worked. Is there any way I can boost performance with AMD processors? I've tried turning everything down with no luck. If there isn't, it'll take ages before I can play the game...

Currently DayZ does not support multicore threading, atm single core performance is what DayZ requires. Dean has said that to make the switch to multicore processing it would require an engine revamp, which they are doing. I have the FX-6130 and I get the around about the same performance. Soon my AMD friend, soon we will be superior!

I run very high everything, normal AA/Edge smoothing, no post processing (personal preference, not performance issue), with shadows on low and clouds disabled.

FX-8350 with 2 7950s.

I currently have every 2nd core on the CPU disabled (reason unrelated to DayZ, although it MIGHT be helping due to the way the game is optimized and the way the processor is built with 2 cores sharing 1 cache) and crossfire disabled for DayZ.exe.

My frames are just fine. No I don't get 60 constantly, but they don't drop to anything that stops the game from running smooth/unplayble.

Open up your config file and drop the view distance and preferred object view distance to around 1500 (default set to 3200, but let's face it, you don't need to see that far). Change sceneComplexity to whatever you'd like, it's defaulted at 1,000,000 and I run it at 500,000. Then change shadows to about 100.

On a side note, maybe your processor just sucks. Not every single processor made is exactly the same, regardless of model. Some can overclock higher than others etc, so maybe your 8350 is just a bad one?

7 month old thread still causing tears...

Awkward, didn't even realize how old this thread was. Somebody bumped!

Edited by LigerRider