Slyguy65

Rewarding players for actually staying alive and surviving.

I 100% support this idea. Something needs to be done to make life valued.

Right now it doesn't really matter if I die. Friends will just pick gear up for me untill I can run back from spawn. Death is just a 10min inconvenience.

Just staying alive through difficulties is good enough reward for me. Though, if I could wish for anything, then I would like to be able to grow myself a ZZ Top -beard ingame Then people wouldn't look at gear, but the beard when estimating how dangerous people are! Scoreboard would show the length of beard when a player dies. Beards would be collected as trophies that you could show to your friends. "Look at this, guys! This beard is AT LEAST 25cm long! I shot the owner of this monster near Vybor. My kitchen knife turned from pristine to ruined when I cut it." The best shot in server would get the title Barber.

the longer you survive, the longer  your hair... or beard?

best idea ever. Really hope rocket does this. Not sure how it would work for female characters though.

Edited by eldritch

Why does it have to be time played to give you better stats.

It really should take on a Elder Scrolls type where;

Running gives you levels to... running (duh)

no. i was really glad to see that it was removed in Skyrim.

basicly every walking step you took was a waste of time. if you weren't running, you were wasting time. it was bullshit mechanic.

this should be implemented asap. this game is in desperate need of something else to strive for. maybe i say this because iv played so much already but i find myself getting bored with what i have to work with. i dont want to be a bandit so that side of the game is dead to me... i explored the whole map, seen what i could see (took pictures) survived for weeks, found/crafted every item in the game, obtained a complete kit of pristine gear, killed bandits, helped fresh spawns, talked to strangers and made friends... but now what? with the OP's idea added would give me a reason to do all that stuff over again without feeling like im spinning my wheels.

this should be implemented asap. this game is in desperate need of something else to strive for. maybe i say this because iv played so much already but i find myself getting bored with what i have to work with. i dont want to be a bandit so that side of the game is dead to me... i explored the whole map, seen what i could see (took pictures) survived for weeks, found/crafted every item in the game, obtained a complete kit of pristine gear, killed bandits, helped fresh spawns, talked to strangers and made friends... but now what? with the OP's idea added would give me a reason to do all that stuff over again without feeling like im spinning my wheels.

yeah. once you learn the basics, the only way you can die in this game is getting shot/axed by another player. they need to make Chernarus much more dangerous place.

• Like 1

yeah. once you learn the basics, the only way you can die in this game is getting shot/axed by another player. they need to make Chernarus much more dangerous place.

Don't forget that ladders, stairs, tall buildings and lagged zombies are quite dangerous too.

not a bad idea.  People will abuse system though like people have said.  Might be more work than it's worth trying to balance the implementation of the idea and the stopping of those who would abuse it.

Isn't it a SURVIVAL game ?

prime objective is NOT to KILL OTHERS but to STAY ALIVE.

YES and No there are no rules in DayZ game don't tell you how to play.

Its free open world you eather try survive, be friendly and survive, become medic and roleplay or be a bandit and survive.

Its not only a survival game its free for all full loot survial simulator zombie apocalypse with permadeath.

As a beardo in real life, I endorse the addition of beards to the game. Ideally you could shave them as well but that may be asking too much. Perhaps bandits would start robbing and force shaving people like that Amish cult was doing.

Edited by worst2first

Great idea, just needs refining. Have my beans!

This.

Excellent idea. It would mean that any loss of character is that much more painful, given that you'd lose both your gear and any skills developed.

Incidentally, this should only apply to non-combat skills, or only buff combat skills very slowly relative to survival skills to avoid people whoring kills too much.

just bumping this cause i saw yet another topic about survival and rewards for staying alive

I will agree with this post as well. Maybe not all the perks you said. Can go either way with the perks. But as far Dayz being mindless killing spree game. I couldn't agree more. Not to say i don't love it.  But its gear up die gear up die. thats it.  Love them to add something to balance that issue. Rather it be you're idea. Or Bandits, And Hero's they tried before. allowing Hero's  to be the only one able to build small house or what ever. So there a reason not to just kill on sight. Balance it out a little. I think that is a must!!! I get so bored of this game because of it. Stop playing the mod along time ago. just came back for Standalone. enjoy the game. But with nothing but bandits thats it. gets old fast. needs some kindoff balance. If thats it. Then great I'm all for it!

The OP is flawed beyond belief..

As of right now, you log into DayZ.....

First things: Gotta survive, gotta find food/water, gotta interact carefully with environment/other players. This is brilliant imo, it is natural and human nature rules the roost.

Implement the OP idea.

You may still do the First things but people will also be doing: What skills do I want, Where can I go to boost.

So you will see a dude aimlessly running up and down a hill to gain stamina or speed.

You will see someone collecting lots of cooking items, finding a safe spot and sitting cooking with no aim other then to raise a skill.

Maybe you now get an idea about how MMORPGs work when given this type of skill system.

Not only that but to give similar rewards for time spent....

So player has done "first things", then have then sat boosting crafting skills, and running aimlessly to boost stamina/speed.

They then decide, well I want all the other skills, so they go find a safe spot and wait until they have the other rewards.