daniels

DayZ Is Officially Ruined(Player Wise)

TheDevilDogGamer shows off how bad people are when you are friendly

He went to the airfield/camp on purpose and kept going back there repeatedly, knowing full well he'd get killed in order to "prove" no on is friendly in DayZ.  That's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

He then recommends you kill and shoot everyone on sight.  OP is saying this game is bad because of all the people who KOS...well guess what?  That guy is one of them. (according to the OP anyway, not me)

I don't care if you're a bandit, a hero or a chaotic neutral half-elf mage.  Play the game how you wanna play it.

Not saying any one way is wrong or right myself but just that you didn't really pick the best example there.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

It is possible to be friendly but i've found it has to be done in the right way.

Running straight up to someone gun out isn't a very friendly action and is liable to get you shot even today.  Can you imagine someone weilding a Magnum running up to an armed cop yelling "I'm Friendly! I'm Friendly!" And this is without a zombie apocalypse as a backdrop.

Common sense really.

It is possible to be friendly but i've found it has to be done in the right way.

Running straight up to someone gun out isn't a very friendly action and is liable to get you shot even today.  Can you imagine someone weilding a Magnum running up to an armed cop yelling "I'm Friendly! I'm Friendly!" And this is without a zombie apocalypse as a backdrop.

Common sense really.

This.

Anyone doing what this DevilDog guy was doing and I'd either bail as fast as possible or shoot him on sight. There is no sense of honesty whatsoever in his voice or movements, only pure, utter and complete bullshit.

• Like 1

moronic streamers probably "ruin" this game more than anything else.

as for the risk versus reward calculation: thats too simple maths. to me, a possibly positive encounter with a player is worth more than any gear. thus, attempting friendly interaction again and again despite being killed in the process is the sensible thing to do as opposed to killing on sight.

killing on sight may remove a potential threat for a short duration of time, and it may grant me an item i am missing, whcih i probably find multiple times over soon anyway. attempting friendly interaction may grant me a personal story shared with a fellow survivor. for me, thats the most epic thing to have in this game.

yes, i am a carebear. i enjoy it. i dont judge anyone for playing a murderous sociopath though, because those players create the tension and danger, that makes the positive encounters so rewarding in the first place.

• Like 2

Well, as we all know, the DayZ Mod has always been full of bandits and hackers, When Dean 'Rocket' made the mod into this amazing game we all thought that it would change that, for about a week it was all about handcuffing and taking captives, but after that small time period, people just started shooting on sight again. I love the game so much and its a lot more survival and I will continue to play it trying to spread the way of a hero, but this is DayZ now, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPstXBq92c.

TheDevilDogGamer shows off how bad people are when you are friendly, I have met about a max of 15 friendly's in DayZ so far, some of them are even groups, and I become friends with the group and make more friends on steam and talk to them on TS3, I disagree with DevilDog about how everyone is not friendly because yesterday, before I watched this vid, I met the group of decked out guys. Also, the hacker in the end of the video, not really destroying server and such but the game was released less than a month ago so we can expect not to have big destructive hacks yet, but we do know there is already god mode, tp, and ESP/seeing players on a map.

Without bandits there would be no heroes, but for the undecided survivors currently, I say you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bIpOl8ntpE and the episodes after and choose hero, because we already have enough bandits in the world, and I can tell you, it sucks, currently I am setting up a clan, making a TS3 for one when NPL's are available again on Jan 6, and setting up a website, I will try to make my own hero squad to be able to survive whilst helping newbies on the coast.

I love the game and it is great, but its the community that ruins the survival feeling about it.

~WillPocalypse

P.S. I do not wish for hate, so please, do not make much.

No hate here man, but remember that it is just an Alpha. Now before I get a quote back saying "Huh, what? Really! DUMB ASS!". I know that even the BETA or final release could be packed with the same, but we will have a lot more things to do in the game that the mod just did not have. We all have to wait till then. Trust me I know it sucks being shot on sight, it erks me so bad, but I just remember its just the Alpha so all is good.

No hate here man, but remember that it is just an Alpha. Now before I get a quote back saying "Huh, what? Really! DUMB ASS!". I know that even the BETA or final release could be packed with the same, but we will have a lot more things to do in the game that the mod just did not have. We all have to wait till then. Trust me I know it sucks being shot on sight, it erks me so bad, but I just remember its just the Alpha so all is good.

my hope for the finished product is, that we get really deadly PvE elements in addition to really deadly fellow survivors.

Given the chance to do anything they want to in the realm of human interaction, in a video game, people will default to shooting first and asking no questions, purely because it's the easiest thing to do.

Because frankly, most people playing this game don't really care enough to interact with other people, they just want to grind for gear and go human-hunting, because this is obviously Fallout (no disrespect to Fallout, love that series). You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who actually gives a damn about other players, even if it translates into mugging you. At least there they actually DO something instead of pointing and clicking.

Welcome to DayZ. Everything is out to get you. Even the bushes.

Thank you for understanding

That's the point, actually. I like going up north precisely because I get the whole "alone in world, surviving on what I can find" vibe. It might be just me, but I actually don't mind walking for 3 hours only to find not a single human soul. I actually enjoy it.

But yeah, most people here are playing Fallout, not DayZ. Which is kind of a shame, really.

This... When I spawn (for whatever reason), I try to scrounge up the most basic stuff, and then head notrh, hitting waterpumps and ponds as I go.

There are lots of places "up north" where you can survive on your own, sneaking into the more obscure military bases to get hitech stuff is usually "safer" north as well. As for other resources, well, I usually dont stockpile food but eat anything I find when I find it. the only cionsumables I carry with me are a couple of canteens.

So far, I've managed to get full military gear (fully kitted M4 etc) and so far not a single gank.... But I try to avoid people as a general rule.

• Like 1