Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Teleported into the middle of the ocean.

Well whilst entering Cherno ab 10 days ago, my character got randomly teleported into the middle of the ocean with no land in sight.  No place to swim to.  I cant die from starvation or dehydration.  It sucks.  Im not looking for any help because i have literally tried every quick fix for character resets known to man atm and none of them were successful.  

Anyways im wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or am i just really unlucky.

On a good note i got to play on the experimental servers the other day while they were up since they are apparently different character databases.  

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

Like i said man ive literally tried everything.  Ive swam in multiple directions like that for a couple of hours in each direction while i was away.  And no i cant die fromt hem means.  Ive changed my steam name, and also server hopped to over 100 different servers.  No luck.

Haha i get wiped twice a day and you have been trying for days to die. Thats great.

That sounds awefull, a friend of mine told me he once changed his steam name whilst ingame.... after relogging his char got wiped ; but it'll wipe your config unless you know how and where to rename the profiles.

The profiles are found in usernameforwindows/documents/DayZ Other Profiles/yoursteamnamefolder/yoursteamname.DayZProfile ; changes this to your new name and you wont have to bother about lost config.

How it helped you out

edit : typo

Edited by HardstylerSL

My brother did an uninstall when that happened it fixed, people are also saying changing your Steam name will fix it, but both paths will make you start fresh. @Zedicologist