Sign in to follow this  
bobdole20

A more satisfying way to kill

...discovered last night that you get a VERY satisfying "crunch and "argugghh" when you run over other survivors with vehicles. Driving the coastal road to pickup some teammates who had respawned in Elektro, squashed would be hitchhikers along the side of the road.

A+++ will do again.

just keep an eye on your vehicle condition, we noticed that our engine would take the damage when we do that.

last time i tried to run a zombie over my car almost blew up, so... i dont wanna risk it again >:I

Really? Weird...we're rocking the UAZ Offroad and I can't say we've taken any damage from running over players/zombies. One night we even ran over a good sized horde...probably 20 or more in one run, after we had to bug out of a town.

What vehicles were you guys using when you took damadge?

A motorcycle, meh.. that's probably why. I heard the Eural can take down trees without taking any damage.. the UAZ is a.. hmm 'tough' vehicle I'd say, since it's a military-type of vehicle I think. But yeah, I have motorcycles, the last one I had - I was traveling from Berezino to Cherno and I had to change the tires about five times, they kept popping out every 10 minutes and then I found an ATV and got ride of the bike. ATVs are definitely the best on DayZ, although they're kinda buggy so you have to be careful when riding one.

We were using a big deuce and a half convoy truck, and it seemed like our engine was getting worse and worse with every hit. It got to a point we stopped running things over and stashed the truck to find engine parts. This was over a span of maybe 5-10 minutes, as I don't think the engine would wear down that fast on its own.

i ran over a telephone pole with the tractor and didn't take any damage.

vehicles are really buggy for now, i dont even like to drive over objects, trash on the ground, not even bridges (they are buggy as hell).

Tractors are good but they're kinda slow and they are a one-seat vehicle, which kinda sucks if you have a group to play with.

I have yet to see a vehicle, and when I finally do get one up and running, you can bet your ass that I'm not going to try and run over people with it.. I want to keep it as hidden as possible.