andrestor

Zombies should have MUCH more HP than humans

Title says it

This is as to make zombies more of a challenge.

Zombies are basically walking corpses that don't bleed, starve or get infected wounds, so killing them should reflect that.

This is as to make zombies more similar to those found in say, The Walking Dead.

An extension of this could be that killing them would be easier with headshots but dramatically hard with regular body shots and practically impossible with limb shots.

However, if this is implemented speed and reaction should be tweaked with severely, maybe making them Night of the Living Dead-esque.

As we have them right now, Zombies are those taken from Left 4 Dead, very fast but extremely weak, and there aren't even that many of them.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

I stopped reading after you said the words "the walking dead" the show is utter crap compared to the comics.

• Like 3

I stopped reading after you said the words "the walking dead" the show is utter crap compared to the comics.

Not the point

• Like 5

These are not undead zombies, these are alive people with a virus that causes zombie behavior.

Think 28 days later.

So anything that can kill a human will kill these zombies.

• Like 13

I like em fast but they could use more hp you are right. Headshots should be 1 shot and everything else many many more. Maybe they have a chance to get knocked down with shots to the chest or legs but should recover quickly. IMO.

Edited by Dayzplayer2
  • Like 2

These are not undead zombies, these are alive people with a virus that causes zombie behavior.

Think 28 days later.

Hadn't thought about that kind of infected but in that case what would make them weaker to regular attacks?

Edited by Guest

These "zombies" are humans ....so why should they have more health than us ? they may feel less pain but a hatchet to the head is a hatchet to the head ....and that's death my friend for us and "zombies"

Hadn't thought about that kind of infected but in that case what would make them weaker to regular attacks?

probably a combination of malnourishment due to a pure craving of flesh, lack of sleep, muscle strain/degrading. Theres lots of things. The main thing, ever tried to function while sick? I mean flu sick. They are infected with a sickness after all that could make them more prone to attacks.

I'm not against buffing the zombies here. But you cant have like half ripped zombies or anything and axe to the face would definatly kill any zombie of the type we deal with.

Edited by RoanValorin
  • Like 1

You seem to forget that zombies aren't fully implemented or realized yet, as the idea is to increase their numbers and add spawn rates. Before suggesting that we turn them into walking brick-shit-houses lets see what happens when their numbers multiply.

• Like 7

The zombies will hopefully start to resemble the ones in the mod soon, in certain aspects, anyway.

The zombies in the mod took quite a few body shots. Some random ones could take entire clips for some reason. One shot is a bit weak at the moment.

Title says it

Zombies are basically walking corpses that don't bleed, starve or get infected wounds, so killing them should reflect that.

This is as to make zombies more similar to those found in say, The Walking Dead.

An extension of this could be that killing them would be easier with headshots but dramatically hard with regular body shots and practically impossible with limb shots.

However, if this is implemented speed and reaction should be tweaked with severely, maybe making them Night of the Living Dead-esque.

As we have them right now, Zombies are those taken from Left 4 Dead, very fast but extremely weak, and there aren't even that many of them.

Thoughts?

lol they arent fast at all.....

Yeah, sure a weak zombie in civilian clothes is gonna take more hits than a healthy super survivor with a gas mask, helmet, a vest and thick clothing.

If they give them more HP they need to improve the dynamics of melee combat. Which I think is impossible given the engine of choice.

The dynamic of melee combat should be chaos. Its probably one of the only things that I would advocate a purely chance-based mechanic for. Like 50% chance to be hit, 50% chance for the zombie to miss. It shouldn't be possible for someone to be good enough to know that they will kill a zombie with a dessert spoon without taking a single hit. Going toe to toe with a zombie should always be risky. That means that running or shooting become attractive options.

Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight Academy, that's examples of games with excellent melee combat. Just the fact that you can't change to axe while running more often than you can is annoying as hell

Think 28 days later.

Then they are not ZOMBIES!  By definition Zombies are undead no matter what culture it comes from. 

I say they NEED to change this silly idea of 28 days later Infected. Its not anywhere as scary, and a lot of great gameplay changes can be made if they are Zombies. There isn't a reason to make them sick humans, its silly.

They should be Zombies and they should only be killed by being hit in the head.

This is going to be done but not by enhancing the zombies but by greatly increasing the quantity as so that when you fire a gun a whole hored will come after you, if they were enhanced and the quantity was increased it would be just awful.

Edited by The Legit Pie

Then they are not ZOMBIES!  By definition Zombies are undead no matter what culture it comes from. 

Looking at the game description on steam I don't see anywhere that they are zombies, so for all we know this isn't a zombie game but a pandemic game!

They aren't zombies, they are infected humans, but we could make them have more hp since their brains are "different" and they can go full "tank" without feeling the pain, so they would last a little bit longer than players. They should die after a single shot in head or chest, but they should be able to survive even multiple shots at their legs, arms, they should fell on the ground and crawl.

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

It's kind of silly to talk about how hard or easy zombies are in the game right now since there's like 10 of them per map.

Let's fix zombie spawn numbers and re-spawn behavior, and then talk about how much health they should have to be challenging.

I predict "much more HP than humans" will quickly lead to "much more ammo needed" or "melee weapons should do much more damage" threads.

• Like 1

Zeds at the moment aren't that much of a threat, although they clip through walls and seemingly aggro you despite how sneaky you try to be.

But once they get the zeds AI sorted and add more of them (I heard there will be hordes), I prefer them to be weak but plenty.

Edit: Also they probably should carry loot like in the mod :)

Edited by Batlan

One shot to the head kills a zombie no matter what movie,book, or game you experience.

An idea:

Why not make different types of zombies.

Type:
-Normal zombie, weak, poorly armored, level 1 infection, still walks, large numbers
-Infested zombie, slightly less weak, poorly armored, level 2 infection, runs and jumps, slightly fewer numbers, has a greater chance to cause infections.

-Resurrected player, has the gear of a fallen player, substancially harder to kill, runs but slightly slower, one spawns for every geared player that dies in that area.

-Starved zombie, level 3 infection, substancially more HP and also much faster than any player can run. It's a zombie who has lived a long life without feeding on any player. Uncommon, but incredibly easy to aggro.

-Mutated zombie, level 4 infection, strongest type of zombie, the virus mutated the body, now walks and runs and jumps on legs and hands, true monsters. Very rare, but also very dangerous.

-Pack zombies, level 2 infection, tends to hunt in groups.

It would be much more interesting if not all zombies had the same behaviour and properties. Each zombie encounter should provide different challenges.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 1