Sign in to follow this  
L.Trale

Help with Error "Authentication Timeout"

So I logged on today and started playing on one of my favorite servers. Played for a minute or two, then I was kicked from the game with a error message saying: "Confirmation of Changes, Authentication Timeout". I switched servers and a minute later, it happened again. I used the search function and looked it up online, not to sure what to do about it. Anyone else get this?

It seemed to be steam related, not DayZ. I have the exact same problem at the moment and I can't connect to steam. Steam is probably being DDos'd right now.

• Like 1

It was steam, it went offline for a bit. Happened to me as well, don't worry. I just recently managed to connect, everything should be back to normal, hopefully.

Edited by axtranti
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I was worried for a second there.

Me too. Can't seem to open Steam.

My brother is having this issue, but not me. The only thing happened to me, I restarted Steam, and they asked me my password, but I'm always logged in, weird.

Can't connect to game or Steam.  Whoever has been attacking Dice/EA must have switched to Steam

I am still having problems, here.

Me too. Can't seem to open Steam.

DDOS attack by DerpTrolling on Steam + EA! :O https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

Same here. Just bought DayZ, finally found some camo pants and a god damn pink cap for my char, and suddenly timeout. Too bad.

EDIT: Now I just get "Confirmation of Changes - Connecting failed." Can't connect to any server anymore. This seriously sucks. But, well, in the end, it's an Alpha. On the other side - Why now? Bought this game about 1 hour ago.

Edited by acid574

Also having this problem today. At most, I can get two minutes before an Authentication Timeout.

I haven't gotten this lately. Maybe it's came with the patch?

Do a direct update of battle-eye, 99% that's your issue.

If steam is up and operational, and you can see the servers to log in but get a boot in only a few minutes like it sounds like your having go through with that.

If your having lag issues, being attacked by zombies that aren't there and the like- disable your firewall temporarily, test, turn on game mode, and test, uninstall your firewall, and test. See if the problem is resolved; girlfriend had the same issue with battle-eye but I didn't. We both had the issues with invisible zombies and much' more oddities: had to do the firewall trick. 

Since then, we've not had a issue with DayZ since. Also may want to look into the technical part of the forums, has it's own helpful pinned notes including how to directly update BE.