Sign in to follow this  
anis_tar

a question about the map [in game]

why there is no MAP in the game ? i find my self lost alot of times in this map 

INB4: ITS ALPHA

There are maps. You have to find them.

There is a Chernarus map you can come across. It also has a tab on it you can click on to see all the players' names that are on the server. 

how ? i haven't seen anything 

what does it look like ?

but is there any map that i can access by a button like arma 2 where you can see your position in the map  ????

Being a survival sim, you need to find the maps. They are scattered all across. You can also find a compass to guide you.

The world model is like the one from the mod. But since you can't place markers they are useless anyway. You should learn to orient using landmarks. If you have a phone with Android I suggest you get DayZ Central SA

Edited by raynor009

They are kinda small, they`ll look like this.

map-600x483.jpg

I feel like most people think they can just press M and have the map like in WarZ and other games that I find pretty easy. Also, you will not find the full map, you will only find either the North map or the South map. And you combine them.

Pretty much every lootable car has map at front seat.

Edited by K120

To use a map part you found, drag it on your hotkey-bar and press the appropriate number, same to close.

So far I think these are the possible map parts, usually found in car wrecks:

- NW, NE, SE, SW parts. Least useful but better than nothing.

- W, N, E, S parts. Pretty good. If you're lucky to find matching parts like N and S ones, you're good to go.

- Full map. Only saw this once. If you get this, well..that's it.

In the future, I believe you will be able to piece together map parts to make a single one.

You can piece the north and south maps together to make a full map, just drag one onto the other.

how ? i haven't seen anything 

what does it look like ?

but is there any map that i can access by a button like arma 2 where you can see your position in the map  ????

No. Even with the map parts you won't be given a marker on the map at your position. This isn't that big of a deal as you'll soon be able to pick out where you are in Chernarus after a while. It really isn't that big a place.

You can also find them on shelves in the car mechanics shops in larger cites like Cherno ( they are the ones with the large metal shutters ) located within rows of buildings