Sign in to follow this  
hapy

Running help

Hey guys I've watched a lot of videos on dayz and have been playing since the mod but there is a few things I'm not sure how to get working exactly.

I have bound turbo but when I use turbo the run speed is the same as normal wx2 run speed I notice no difference, yet i see players with turbo run right past me.

The other thing is and I assume this is a bug but I see people crouching while running and it looks really funny to me and I'd love to mess around with it while its still in the game but Cant find any guide on how to do it.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

The crouching running is a visual bug that you may see but a player next to you will not see. They are most likely in fact standing up. I am not sure why your turbo is not working. I set mine to Ctrl and do not seem to have a problem.

Hey guys I've watched a lot of videos on dayz and have been playing since the mod but there is a few things I'm not sure how to get working exactly.

I have bound turbo but when I use turbo the run speed is the same as normal wx2 run speed I notice no difference, yet i see players with turbo run right past me.

The other thing is and I assume this is a bug but I see people crouching while running and it looks really funny to me and I'd love to mess around with it while its still in the game but Cant find any guide on how to do it.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

You need to have your weapons away to have the full effect of turbo. You will outrun any zed with ease. Make sure it isn't bound to a key that is already doing another function as they may be working against each other (It is alpha dontcha know)

I've noticed the crouch running with people who have very high desync or very bad computers (that shouldn't be running DayZ:SA). If I'm thinking of the same issue it looks like they have their face to the ground following a trail of footprints. Nothing you can do about that issue.

Edited by mkoval

The crouching running is a visual bug that you may see but a player next to you will not see. They are most likely in fact standing up. I am not sure why your turbo is not working. I set mine to Ctrl and do not seem to have a problem.

Can you easily tell the difference between turbo and normal running? Like my turbo is bound but I swear it goes normal run speed for all I know I could be turbo running but I dont see any difference between it and normal running when I run with my friend next to me.

Make sure that you have nothing in your hands. Running with a weapon in hand or anything for that matter will slow you down. If you have nothing in your hands, simply double tapping W will make you run almost twice as fast as someone with something in their hands.

Make sure to double tap shift to change your run toggle button. Make sure RMB hasn't been pressed. Press space to pull your fists up when empty handed, for some reason it makes you run faster. The guys running while really low to the ground are only looking staight down while running at full speed. If you hold ALT you can move your head around while doing this.