r4nger

[SUGGESTION]Make EAST much more interesting

You dont need to replace anything. They can adjust the spawn rate of items in certain areas. thats the solution.

Nope. Stary had a heart which was ripped out for more west coast Mil bases. 

What a load.

Yeah I'm 100% sure you spent 10 hours getting the best gear the right way only to be shot at Balota to start over.

More like you server-hopped your gear in 15 mins.

actually thats exactly what i do but its more like 4-5 hours. this isn't the first ever full loot PvP game. i played Darkfall before the devs pissed the game away and spent several hours at a time on a regular basis farming materials to craft gear and collecting regeants for spells, only to go out and potentially lose it in an instant on a ganking run or in a siege. but i bet you accuse anyone that takes the time to collect good gear a server hopper when the reality is you're too lazy to do it, and you justify that by berating other players that aren't and have the balls to go pvp with all the high end shit they spent hours finding.

I really really doubt that most of the current players with their current mindsets are gonna enjoy when high end gear [for pvp] becomes harder to find, I'm trying to caution them against that mindset.

The 'hot and heavy' action in Balota is somewhat boring after you've been playing FPS for 20 years already. I'm sure it's very exciting to have a game where you're allowed to rob people of their goodies beyond them just dropping a gun and ammo like other FPS. Maybe you get a thrill out of winning one-sided combat where only one of you has any weaponry (sounds like the Iraq War).

Interacting with random people beyond moving a cursor and clicking on their head is way more fun...hence why we're all on these forums, discussing *shock horror* our opinions. My opinion is, stop demanding the game be balanced just for easy pvp when there's already a multitude of games available for you to scratch that itch with LIKE Arma/BF/COD/CS/TF2/Halo - even Quake itself although I don't expect most of the current alpha players would want to spent the time taken to get out of the noob tiers there and into the proper gameplay - that's just listing the more commonly played FPS games...you could go play some Starcraft, LoL, DOTA, Street Fighter, even Eve Online, Civilisation, Xcom and Frozen Synapse are all pvp games as well...

Survival IS easy at the moment IF you server hop until you find a nice full town of untouched goodies populated by 1 other player stacking up in a different airbase, try imposing some self control and actually scavenging for supplies in a full server, avoiding contact until you're geared up OR just sharing the wealth and making some new friends along the way. The current PvP mentality hurts the game by making the player interactions much harder for new players to attempt - which is a cycle of decline until everyone thinks everyone else is gonna KOS and so they KOS as well... which then does turn the game into a shallow shell of what it could potentially be.

Now how about a hug whilst you let that sink in, cuz I sure don't feel like crying cuz of the big bad scary pvper, I feel like laughing at him cuz he's missing out on the unique qualities of this particular game.

this argument is so incredibly weak its laughable and its this type of garbage that made me feel obligated to post on this thread to begin with.

telling people to go play CoD/CS/TF2 etc because they want to kill people in the game, is like me telling you to go play Diablo or Borderlands to do a co-op item hunt or post on facebook and reddit to get your little social fix that you so desperately try to force on everyone in this game. i'm not ignorant enough to make a silly suggestion like that to you though because i know better.

this game offers unique aspects that are few and far between in games today. you will not get that same type of adrenaline rush in Counter-Strike as you do in Day Z when you get ambushed by somebody and popped and lose all your gear, or narrowly survive to come out on top and reap the rewards... only to be finished off by someone else while looting their corpse. you don't get play for keeps, for the higher stakes. just like you won't get your fix of scavenging supplies and socializing with players trying to form an alliance to fight bandits while staying on your toes and being wary of your comrades for fear of betrayal in the games i mentioned, or whatever the hell it is you do for fun in Day Z. i can't imagine enjoying the scenery and shooting nothing but zombies with your cache of guns and ammo can keep you entertained as any kind of extended end-game scenario, but if it does... well good for you.

i'm not claiming to be any sort of hardcore pvper, but you know what the difference is between people of my mindset and yours? you're always the ones crying about KoS, asking for KoS punishment features to be added, demanding that gear spawns and military bases be REMOVED from the game, and all other sorts of nonsense. it's that kind of carebear shit that ruins games like this and i just hope the devs are smart enough to ignore it. while i may not care for your style of playing, i'm not sitting here pissing and moaning that the devs should start stripping away parts of the game and dumbing it down to make things less threatening for me and bottlenecking everyone into being forced to cooperate all the time and not PvP in a PvP game. because thats what Day Z is, whether you like it or a not, it's a PvP game at its core and PvP is the endgame.

you're in for a very rude awakening when release hits and all the "PvP" players who are bored to tears from the monotony of the mainstream titles come flooding in and make it their business to make the game miserable for you and your friends 24/7. this whole group survival thing, will be just that, a thing. some people will do it, and clans will obviously do it within their own ranks, but the majority of the game will always be a KoS fest because of the nature of the game design, and the nature of people.

...but i bet you accuse anyone that takes the time to collect good gear a server hopper when the reality is you're too lazy to do it, and you justify that by berating other players that aren't and have the balls to go pvp with all the high end shit they...

I spent 16 hours on my last char doing things the right way. Lazy who ?

I don't want to have even more military bases ._. 

Just improve the North Eastern Airfield, because one should be rewarded for his trip. 

Btw. there will come the new north of the map. But I don't know, if it will balance it. 

Exactly putting military gear at all spawns is ludicrous but having them all at one spot far away is just as dumb, this is why I think lingor island was one of the best maps loot wise it had many locations but never really spawned you directly next to military loot. I would want just a tad less then lingor did I like how it is now, since they made the south coast OP as all hell for loot spawning them east is far more effective.

no it wont, right now the west side of the map has the best loot spawns whats wrong with wanting a balance among the sides of the map? forcing people to spawn on the east side hasnt made people go north, it just makes them run at electro and not give a shit if they die anyway.

That's the whole point of my last post. There is too much military right now. That is not balancing a map. That's changing the play style of the whole game. It shouldn't be close to end game gear in an hour. It should take many playthroughs and luck to get all you need. People should not be afraid of the challenge in it.

I don't care if it's zombie population, loot spawns, cars, bases, whatever... But there should be an incentive to explore more around the map than griefing at the coast.

I spent 16 hours on my last char doing things the right way. Lazy who ?

yeah, i'm 100% sure you spent 16 hours on your last char doing things the right way.

more like you server-hopped your gear in 16 minutes.

see what i did there?

actually thats exactly what i do but its more like 4-5 hours. this isn't the first ever full loot PvP game. i played Darkfall before the devs pissed the game away and spent several hours at a time on a regular basis farming materials to craft gear and collecting regeants for spells, only to go out and potentially lose it in an instant on a ganking run or in a siege. but i bet you accuse anyone that takes the time to collect good gear a server hopper when the reality is you're too lazy to do it, and you justify that by berating other players that aren't and have the balls to go pvp with all the high end shit they spent hours finding.

this argument is so incredibly weak its laughable and its this type of garbage that made me feel obligated to post on this thread to begin with.

telling people to go play CoD/CS/TF2 etc because they want to kill people in the game, is like me telling you to go play Diablo or Borderlands to do a co-op item hunt or post on facebook and reddit to get your little social fix that you so desperately try to force on everyone in this game. i'm not ignorant enough to make a silly suggestion like that to you though because i know better.

this game offers unique aspects that are few and far between in games today. you will not get that same type of adrenaline rush in Counter-Strike as you do in Day Z when you get ambushed by somebody and popped and lose all your gear, or narrowly survive to come out on top and reap the rewards... only to be finished off by someone else while looting their corpse. you don't get play for keeps, for the higher stakes. just like you won't get your fix of scavenging supplies and socializing with players trying to form an alliance to fight bandits while staying on your toes and being wary of your comrades for fear of betrayal in the games i mentioned, or whatever the hell it is you do for fun in Day Z. i can't imagine enjoying the scenery and shooting nothing but zombies with your cache of guns and ammo can keep you entertained as any kind of extended end-game scenario, but if it does... well good for you.

i'm not claiming to be any sort of hardcore pvper, but you know what the difference is between people of my mindset and yours? you're always the ones crying about KoS, asking for KoS punishment features to be added, demanding that gear spawns and military bases be REMOVED from the game, and all other sorts of nonsense. it's that kind of carebear shit that ruins games like this and i just hope the devs are smart enough to ignore it. while i may not care for your style of playing, i'm not sitting here pissing and moaning that the devs should start stripping away parts of the game and dumbing it down to make things less threatening for me and bottlenecking everyone into being forced to cooperate all the time and not PvP in a PvP game. because thats what Day Z is, whether you like it or a not, it's a PvP game at its core and PvP is the endgame.

you're in for a very rude awakening when release hits and all the "PvP" players who are bored to tears from the monotony of the mainstream titles come flooding in and make it their business to make the game miserable for you and your friends 24/7. this whole group survival thing, will be just that, a thing. some people will do it, and clans will obviously do it within their own ranks, but the majority of the game will always be a KoS fest because of the nature of the game design, and the nature of people.

Obviously you fail the comprehension test for not reading the full thread or even the full post. I'm not anti pvp. Im not denying pvp. Im saying the game shouldn't be balanced so that people pretty much spawn with a gun so they can pvp immediately. This actually agrees with part of your argument in that loss should be meaningful, not a loss for something that took 10minutes to find. Try reading the whole thread next time before mounting up on your high horse. I'll break it down into digestible chunks for your limited abilities:

- The title is changes to the East Coast...you know, the one which people spawn on.

- The OP requests more military items there.

- This would make losing weapons VERY insignificant.

- And would kill off your wonderful adrenaline buzz.

Oh and I pvp in this game, but only if the other person aggresses me first - laughably even being the one that shoots second I haven't died from an encounter yet, think I'm on about 10-0 across various respawns from glitching out. Read into that what you will...

TLDR: You're an idiot.

• Like 2

yeah, i'm 100% sure you spent 16 hours on your last char doing things the right way.

more like you server-hopped your gear in 16 minutes.

see what i did there?

Sure, you managed to miss the point.

The point is literally no one spends 5 hours acquiring gear only to beeline for Balota for "hot action". There is no hot action in this game unless you totally don't give one single damn about those 5 hours of gearing up. Hot action is for those who don't give a damn about the actual content of this game, suspense and fear. Hot action is symptomatic of server hopping 12yr olds whose ultimate fantasy is to gear up asap and shoot it out with others at a hotspot.

Nope. Stary had a heart which was ripped out for more west coast Mil bases. 

what west coast???

there is no west coast

judging by the mod: the east is not boring, and it is not irrelevant. it offers high value industrial areas, prime go-to places if you're fixing that totally broken chopper. bere is a great place because it offers medical, industrial and military installations while at the same time being less populated, making it quite attractive.. i was actually impressed how good the map flow in the mod was, considering map size and amount of possible ways..

i hope once loot system is sorted (means military gear severely reduced, civilian gear diversified, crafting/engineering introduced) it will be similarly well balanced

Wow, this thread is bad and the OP should feel bad for even making it.  That aside, this is in ALPHA.  Meaning this game is very, very incomplete and is missing a tonne of items that I guarantee will improve the east coast tenfold.  We are still missing a lot of key survival aspects such as, building fires, hunting animals, tents, storage.  As it stands I feel that this stage in the Alpha is more PvP oriented which is why it's so easy to acquire guns, well the 3 that are in here anyway.  More meta, besides shooting, is going to be added. 

Edited by Caboose187

Obviously you fail the comprehension test for not reading the full thread or even the full post. I'm not anti pvp. Im not denying pvp. Im saying the game shouldn't be balanced so that people pretty much spawn with a gun so they can pvp immediately. This actually agrees with part of your argument in that loss should be meaningful, not a loss for something that took 10minutes to find. Try reading the whole thread next time before mounting up on your high horse. I'll break it down into digestible chunks for your limited abilities:

- The title is changes to the East Coast...you know, the one which people spawn on.

- The OP requests more military items there.

- This would make losing weapons VERY insignificant.

- And would kill off your wonderful adrenaline buzz.

Oh and I pvp in this game, but only if the other person aggresses me first - laughably even being the one that shoots second I haven't died from an encounter yet, think I'm on about 10-0 across various respawns from glitching out. Read into that what you will...

TLDR: You're an idiot.

i read your post and it was dumb and misinformed. the only thing hurting this game is your anti-pvp mindset and your insistance on trying to get the devs to force people to play the game the way you think they should by nerfing and removing things to cater to your playstyle. only idiot here is you.

Sure, you managed to miss the point.

The point is literally no one spends 5 hours acquiring gear only to beeline for Balota for "hot action". There is no hot action in this game unless you totally don't give one single damn about those 5 hours of gearing up. Hot action is for those who don't give a damn about the actual content of this game, suspense and fear. Hot action is symptomatic of server hopping 12yr olds whose ultimate fantasy is to gear up asap and shoot it out with others at a hotspot.

yeah, ok, you got it, literally no one spends hours attaining gear to go pvp with it it. nope, of course not. proposterous. who the fuck are you to say what people do and don't do with their time and gear? what else is there to do in the game especially in its current state? go run around in a pathetic attempt to rob people by shouting orders through voice chat as if anyone gives a flying fuck and isn't going to just combat log or try to kill you anyway? go hunt wallhacking zombies? "enjoy the scenery"? lol. you're a troll and i'm done feeding you.

have fun using your 16 hours worth of gear to do nothing.

Edited by No Classes PLEASE

-inland more loot +1
-berenzino military +1
this
or remove some of the military from coast and move to north/east

i didnt read every comment on this thread but i think if they took some of the tents from Balota and some from NWAF, they could balance out the amount of loot and then move a few tents from balota and NWAF to the central eastern half of the map. if there was less to be found at NWAF and less at balota, it would force people to head to other locations to look for loot

...I'm not anti pvp. Im not denying pvp...

...I pvp in this game...

i read your post...the only thing hurting this game is your anti-pvp mindset

I dont think you did read my post...just the bits you wanted to.

Please stop responding to me, I refuse to discuss things with idiots because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Edited by phlOgistOn

I dont think you did read my post...just the bits you wanted to.

Please stop responding to me, I refuse to discuss things with idiots because they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The way you go on, you'd think you had been playing for a year..

I don't understand why you quoted me pointing out the inconsistencies in someone else's argument to highlight my personal inexperience with the mod, but meh, I'll answer anyways.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that adding more military spawns near the player spawn areas will just result in people getting tooled up like the universal soldier even quicker (because the current 30min wait is tooo long) and mean that personal loss is diminished in return for faster pew pew. Such a buff to the pvp aspects is almost certainly coming from someone that just wants to pvp and has no interest in the other survival aspects of this game; a survival, horror, sandbox mmo. It's like giving new players a capital ship (and flying prereqs) from the moment they start and every time they die in Eve.

From what I hear of the mod it became just another pvp game where server owners spawned everyone in with the same milspec gear. If people want this standalone to be like that, then it will be just another pvp game...albeit a really slow and boring one. Also they may as well delete 90% of the playing area and just have a long coastline with teams spawning at each end (with their full milspec gear).

Anyway, I'm having lots of fun playing as a medic in my current life - managed to get O- blood so been helping randoms out with my own blood in between having to eat and drink a ton to resupply myself and only had to kill one person that tried to take me out so far.