r4nger

[SUGGESTION]Make EAST much more interesting

It's not a military sim tho...go play Arma if you want to hunt people with assault rifles?

It's a survival sim, there's an over abundance of milspec gear and locations already imo.

Yes and my point is they are ALL on the west coast of the map which renders the east coast useless. 

Yes and my point is they are ALL on the west coast of the map which renders the east coast useless.

Are you that clueless? That's the whole point of spawning in the east.

Edited by evoxtom

I believe military loot should be more inland and not on or near the coast. Balota airfield should be removed in my opinion instead of just spawning everyone on another side of the map. This way you could spawn anywhere along the coast, the south or the east, but if you want the military loot you need to travel to places like NWAF or Vybor etc. I do not like the idea of military areas right on the coast near to spawn points.

Edited by Foxhunt

Are you that clueless? That's the whole point of spawning in the east.

That spawn placeholder isn't a great idea tbh. There's another thread on that, though. This is about how bland the east is.

Actually it is a military sim where people hunt people with assault rifles... you would know this if you ever played the MOD.

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. (wiki)

Perhaps the reason rocket has decided to make it standalone is so he can incorporate more survival elements than were possible from just making it a mod of a military sim? Such as being able to add respawnable zombies, additional elements such as cooking, hunting, dietary needs, crafting...all the stuff mentioned in the future updates?

Just because the mod was limited and so devolved into people treating it as a military sim (making servers where people spawned with weapons/vehicles etc) doesn't necessarily mean that the intentions of the devs is to make it a military sim itself. Indeed I don't see ANY references from the devs that this will be designed as a military sim, it's pitched as a survival horror MMO.

Useless IF you're treating it as a military sim...

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. (wiki)

Perhaps the reason rocket has decided to make it standalone is so he can incorporate more survival elements than were possible from just making it a mod of a military sim? Such as being able to add respawnable zombies, additional elements such as cooking, hunting, dietary needs, crafting...all the stuff mentioned in the future updates?

Just because the mod was limited and so devolved into people treating it as a military sim (making servers where people spawned with weapons/vehicles etc) doesn't necessarily mean that the intentions of the devs is to make it a military sim itself. Indeed I don't see ANY references from the devs that this will be designed as a military sim, it's pitched as a survival horror MMO.

Useless IF you're treating it as a military sim...

You are going to be very disappointed lol

I'm treating it as a social interaction simulator with guns and survival aspects.

Edited by Victus Mortuus
  • Like 1

You are going to be very disappointed lol

I have no problem with avoiding people that want to play it like that, they're generally not the best at military tactics anyways...otherwise they'd be playing a dedicated military sim. I don't intend to stop people playing the game like that if they want to miss the point and uniqueness of the product.

What I don't want is the game to be balanced in their favour. "OMG I WANT GUNS NAO FOR PEW PEW"

When I spawn at Krutoy Cap... there's a lot of swearing. Going NE is just lame

I have no problem with avoiding people that want to play it like that, they're generally not the best at military tactics anyways...otherwise they'd be playing a dedicated military sim. I don't intend to stop people playing the game like that if they want to miss the point and uniqueness of the product.

What I don't want is the game to be balanced in their favour. "OMG I WANT GUNS NAO FOR PEW PEW"

Simple stop to server-hopping would put a stop to that kind of attitude. Those fcks know nothing better than to server-hop until milgeared and then make everyone's life a misery.

They don't even make my life a misery in the game because they won't find me unless I decide to go get milspecced myself (usually I just grab some brown cargo pants, green raincoat and a green bp and I'm camo'd up enough to avoid them... last life I've had all that, an M4 and even found some proper camo trousers within an hour without going anywhere near the military zones... only thing I had to ask a buddy for was a magazine and some ammo.

It's just on the forums they annoy me because they essentially want the game changed so that they can be spawned in with everything needed to go and hunt other people...which is why I said, go play Arma if you want that :rolleyes:

I think they should move one of the bases from the west side, and put up FOB somewhere out east.

As far as the density of military installations, it's not unrealistic. In Kandahar the various FOB/COP/SPs are close enough that they can mutually support each other with fire if needed.

Personally I would prefer to see M4s become a bit more rare.   I think "civilian" weapons should become more common.  I think we need more civilian-styled weapons like more hunting rifles (.22LR, 5.56, and maybe a better 7.62), shotguns (single shot, over under, pump) and a few more pistols - 9mm CZ or Glock or something, maybe a 1911, and a snub .357.  I don't think we need every caliber under the sun; however introducting .22lr and 9mm would be great.  

Edited by Nater

What you guys aren't realizing here is that, for all we know, the Chernarus in DayZ exists in the same universe as the Chernarus in ArmA II. This means that it was, most likely up until the point the infection broke out, rife with war and all manner of deadly encounters that involved high-power, military weaponry. It would not be entirely unbelievable that there might be quite a few military outposts left in dissarray around the country. This would also allow them to keep both American and Russian weapons in-game without much complaint.

Indeed it would help a bit if the devs released a bit more lore, other than "An infection has broken out", but you won't see me complaining and it really isn't a big neccessity at this point in time. Give them some time to get the AI and Loot Tables figured out and I'm sure they will start adding in their own flavour of geographical locales.

That's just my 2 cents.

Edited by Alex519

Throw a fire station in at Solnichny, and a small mil encampment between 3 valleys and Kamyshovo.. Boom.

Edited by Daemonkid

you dont need a weapon to survive the coast...i didnt have a firearm until i found my mosin in a barn north of Gvodzdno

They do need to add more military bases east coast now cause they want to fu<k with the spawns and make it so you have to run 40mins anywhere to get gear. But hey they want us to explore the map that contain the same color buildings in every town/city. Not like anything is different. Its really fun loading into a 40man server and not be able to find 1 thing cause its already been ran through 100 times. But hey respawning loot is really nice. oh wait

OR 

what they could do is give out the admin tools to servers so people that know how to code can make the game amazing like dayz mod

yes im aware this is alpha

Edited by Crakka

My suggestion - cut the the fucking mil spawns in more than half to begin with! We are really spoiling the new players and giving off the wrong perception of the survival aspect. Make the scenery more interesting and add in lore, along with zombie improvements and I'm sure the east will be "more interesting."

no it wont, right now the west side of the map has the best loot spawns whats wrong with wanting a balance among the sides of the map? forcing people to spawn on the east side hasnt made people go north, it just makes them run at electro and not give a shit if they die anyway.

East is interesting, problem is the coast is too item and loot packed.

They should make in land more interesting.

They do need to add more military bases east coast now cause they want to fu<k with the spawns and make it so you have to run 40mins anywhere to get gear. But hey they want us to explore the map that contain the same color buildings in every town/city. Not like anything is different. Its really fun loading into a 40man server and not be able to find 1 thing cause its already been ran through 100 times. But hey respawning loot is really nice. oh wait

OR 

what they could do is give out the admin tools to servers so people that know how to code can make the game amazing like dayz mod

yes im aware this is alpha

If you're aware it's alpha, you should understand what alpha means.

Testing and adding features, making the game somewhat playable

Balancing of gameplay and bugfixing is usually done during the Beta after the product is feature complete. Attempting to balance a game before it's feature complete is largely a waste of time (f.e. adding another gun or town as an additional feature will immediately affect the balance of the other weapons and areas already in the game and so you have to balance it all over again...)

ya but making the spawns only east coast? like even a retard would knows thats a bad idea

Because this game shouldn't be "How fast can you get a military weapon and wreck face"

If you want to gear up that way.. you have to walk from the East to the West.

Personally I hope they reduce the amount of military spawn locations.. not add to it.

• Like 3

ya but making the spawns only east coast? like even a retard would knows thats a bad idea

Honestly, It was one of the best ideas they've patched in the alpha so far.

Start out in the East, gear up (if that's your thing) in the West. Sorry that M4s won't just be handed to you anymore. Such a crying shame.

• Like 1

Because this game shouldn't be "How fast can you get a military weapon and wreck face"

Yeah you can tell that to the server hopper that's just jumped you.

Honestly, It was one of the best ideas they've patched in the alpha so far.

Start out in the East, gear up (if that's your thing) in the West. Sorry that M4s won't just be handed to you anymore. Such a crying shame.

once i donate to a server and have starting loading gear i will. then ill enjoy killing idiots like you