King of kong

Increase Zombie Speed.

It is possbile, you should pay attention to the development instead of ranting on forum. The client we are playing on are capable of handling 4000 zombies with all loot removed and the client isn't even in its final form...

Not ranting. And imagine the consequences for people with bad PC's, I;'d much rather have ravenous packs that are relentless. This was meant to be a zombie game but the noobs want to have bloody George A. Romero zombies in it. If they aren't gonna speed up the zombies to match player speed, then just make the, tougher and get rid of their "Slowdown" period

Run faster than players?! NO

They are infected humans who are obviously wounded and decomposing, how would they ever be able to run faster than a "healthy" human?! Not to mention how OP and annoying they would be...

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

Zombies is still a bit hard to deal with unless you got an axe or shooting weapon. Running from them isn't always good. I have died 2 times already of starvation because there was 3 zombies in a village I tried to loot. They would just run after me and I would have to run away, which ended up with me trying to fist fight them and start bleeding. I managed to bandage my self, but I still couldn't take out the zombies so I passed out and died of starvation.

Zombie speed is fine now IMO. Player speed needs to be decreased radically with a stamina/fatigue system. But let's first see the zombie AI improvements.

zombie speed is fine and they should be head shot kill only but only once melee is working better 

I would like to see them become more intelligent and numerous with the current balancing before altering their speed and strength.

Zombies are quite easy to take down, even with your fists, just hit them in the head once, they go down, then keep beating on their head, it still counts for damage, and if you keep hitting their head, once they get up they will go down again, repeat until zombie is dead, if multiple zombies, same deal, you just have to move around more(strafe, don't run back or forwards). I am sure I have repeated this several times on these forums already, but one spawn I found a pipe wrench, and took out 10+ zombies without getting hit once, just by strafing around swinging, and before you say you don't see that many zombies, you can on a freshly spawned server, I was the first one in kamenka after the server restart, and pretty much ended up alerting every zombie nearby while I ran around like a lunatic.

That should not be able to happen so easily, however I know zombies are not finished, so we just have to wait and see what the devs do.

As for client performance concerns, 4000 zombies on a server, does not mean the client knows about all 4000 zombies at once, client performance is not an issue with the total zombie count on a server.

I would however, like to be able to scope in on a player free city(cherno/elektro/berezino), and see hundreds of zombies scattered about, with more laying dormant in buildings/car wrecks/on the ground etc