Sign in to follow this  
FrIEND (DayZ)

100+ Player servers?

Is there any big servers like this? seen75P server once, but it didnt work..

i would find it more enjoyable since it would bring some Tension to up-north too :rolleyes:

Could some server admin perhaps reply if renting such big servers is even possible?..

Arma2 admins tend to shy away from making 100+ player servers because these have been quite unstable in the past. Also, more players = more zombies = higher bandwidth and processing requirements.

100 players may still be a little too high for the average server, but I think increasing to 60 or 65 would work in most cases. On the other hand, the net code has been greatly improved recently, so perhaps larger player numbers would work after all...

Zombies are local? so when you get out of the town and if theres nobody else they will dissappear?

Zombies are local? so when you get out of the town and if theres nobody else they will dissappear?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

Well then, perhaps 100 player servers aren't that far off after all. Perhaps a couple of adventurous admins would consider it.

They're not local, they're pathing calculations are just done locally and then trasmitted to the server in some fashion. It's probably on a zombie by zombie basis based on who the zombie's active target is and then transmitted to the server and then to the other players who aren't the zombie's active target.

100+ players is an AWFUL idea.

There's too much PvP deathmatching going on as it is. PvP encounters should be an infrequent occurrence.

Really, if people just want action and to run around killing each other, they should go find a regular online FPS game to play.

100+ players is an AWFUL idea.

There's too much PvP deathmatching going on as it is. PvP encounters should be an infrequent occurrence.

Really' date=' if people just want action and to run around killing each other, they should go find a regular online FPS game to play.

[/quote']

You can keep playing on Small servers if you like, nobody's forcing you to play on heavily populated server if you dont like to...

Im not looking for More PvP, I want more TENSION for my adventures Up-north, Northern part of map is safe-heaven since most people are on Coast..

On heavily populated servers i wouldnt be able to live weeks up there, Zerging Trough willages with my M240...