Sign in to follow this  
Shadyfizzle

Cooldowns

So I think that implementing a cooldown period for things would help this game a lot. For instance a 10 minute cooldown period between switching servers, similar to Breaking Point, would eliminate ghosting since it would take 10 minutes to switch servers, move into better position, then 10 more minutes to switch back to your original server. Also server hopping for loot would be significantly more of a hassle with a cooldown period between sever changes. 

A cooldown between respawns would also be a prudent idea. For instance there would be an hour or so wait time after you die before you can respawn. This would add more value to the life of a character as you would not be able to immediately respawn. It would also help curb mass suicides of new-spawns who want a better spawn point. 

Obviously the combat/log out timer would be nice whenever they decide to implement that. If these Ideas have been posted already then oh well, at least its not another KoS thread...

A cooldown between respawns would also be a prudent idea. For instance there would be an hour or so wait time after you die before you can respawn. This would add more value to the life of a character as you would not be able to immediately respawn. It would also help curb mass suicides of new-spawns who want a better spawn point. 

If they implement this I will kill you as a freshspawn in-game.

• Like 2

At least then noobs can spend that hour learning from their mistakes or watch youtubes on how to survive

• Like 1

No please. Nothing is more retarded than fresh spawning, walking 5 meters, have a bandit shoot you and wait for an hour to play again. If there are going to be timers, let it be (short) login/logout timers.

• Like 2

At least then noobs can spend that hour learning from their mistakes or watch youtubes on how to survive

That's assuming that they died because of a mistake. What if someone randomly breaks their leg for seemingly no reason and is eaten by a pack of zombies? Is it really fair that they have to wait an hour due to a mistake in the coding?

Edited by Aanex
  • Like 2

yea well the server switching timer is a good idea lol

I still think the cool down after death would be a good feature once things become stable. 

Edited by Shadyfizzle

I have to disagree with all of these suggestions unfortunately, the re spawn time as stated further up in this thread will cause issues with people suffering from accidental deaths or spawn-campers. Server cool downs will catch people who have just timed out or who have been on servers that have crashed. I think all of these issues need to be tackled differently, otherwise normal players will be impacted more than offending players.

No :beans: for you, sir. None of these ideas are going to help anyone, they would make the game seem more inconvenient.

Edited by ClassifyLP

Yeah, I have to disagree with the respawn timer.  There is no reason to have to wait to respawn when you die.  Retarded idea.

The hour wait or any sort of wait to respawn is a terrible idea I'm not going to pay for a game that makes you wait a certain amount of time before you respawn it has no benefit whatsoever, it's up to the individual to choose weather they value their character and the time restriction will just annoy people who wanna just get on and play, I do agree with a time restriction on joining a brand new server, but I  believe Dean has mentioned this in a previous stream stating that a good idea would be to increase the amount of time it would take to join a new server e.g a 1 minute wait for joining a new server then doubling it every time. 

Edited by Mcleane

the people who ghost/server hop for loot FAR exceed those who time out. plus if a server crashes it usually comes back up pretty quickly

The respawn timer is more just an idea to add increased value to ones life beyond losing all your gear. Once tents and storage is implemented the threat of losing your gear is diminished so i think there should be something beyond that.

Edited by Shadyfizzle

the people who ghost/server hop for loot FAR exceed those who time out. plus if a server crashes it usually comes back up pretty quickly

But the arbitrary 10min for every time is illogical. Maybe make them go up after a few hops, but that idea was already meantioned over and over.

10 minutes is too long for sure...say you get booted from server for rejected connection or whatever...then you try another server and BAM! 10 minute timer...it happens quite frequently on BP a3. For me, when  this happens i go away for several days in frustration...

so i think they should implement a lower amount of time, it will stop the hopping at least.

I wouldnt be fucked to go joing another server if it took me 2-4 minutes extra...dayz is a great pickup game for me.

that being said, nothing will work while they have the stupid loot spawn on server restart.

i think this should be patched immediately...who cares about magnum speed loaders...work on getting a fucking loot spawn timer and putting the the server switch timer to curb hopping

Edited by deebz1234

I see your respawn timer going terribly wrong.

Eg, killed by bandit 20 seconds from spawn.

1hr of anxious waiting later. Killed on coast by bandit again.

Result, bandits think they're funny.

Some people have limited playtimes, honestly they might be on for an hour/ two max per couple of days.

They don't need to wait every time they get killed after spawning by some already incredibly annoying bandit.

Server one is good though.

Maybe increase it to half an hour after two hops.

Then to a whole hour after four within an hours time.

I see your respawn timer going terribly wrong.

Eg, killed by bandit 20 seconds from spawn.

1hr of anxious waiting later. Killed on coast by bandit again.

Result, bandits think they're funny.

Some people have limited playtimes, honestly they might be on for an hour/ two max per couple of days.

They don't need to wait every time they get killed after spawning by some already incredibly annoying bandit.

Server one is good though.

Maybe increase it to half an hour after two hops.

Then to a whole hour after four within an hours time.

he talking about server hopping timer...so you join 1 server, play on it. the end.

or if you insist on switching to another server then you have to wait xxx amount of time.

it works really well, eliminates server hopping entirely.

why the fuck would anyone suggest a respawn timer after you get killed lol

Edited by deebz1234

well my rational for that would be to increase the stakes of dying. One the game is stable ect. and storage is implemented, losing your gear isn't a big deal since you have reserves and your friends can just drive down and pick you up from the coast, so something further is needed to keep those stakes high. In theory having a wait to respawn would cut down on traffic along the coast so bandits and such wouldn't camp it as hard knowing that people wouldnt be spawning there as often, although this would increase the satisfaction for bandits knowing they forced someone to wait an hour to respawn. Maybe an hour is too long, i think WarZ(never played it but i hear terrible things) had a 24 hour wait to respawn, but it also had multiple characters...

Maybe a cooldown for that isnt such a hot idea, but then what could be added to increase the cost of dying beyond simply losing your gear?

Edited by Shadyfizzle

he talking about server hopping timer...so you join 1 server, play on it. the end.

or if you insist on switching to another server then you have to wait xxx amount of time.

it works really well, eliminates server hopping entirely.

You should read the second paragraph and come back later.

-

I have to disagree with the respawn suggestion, and the previous comments pretty much got what I wanted to say. As for the server switching timer, I'd say less time, maybe 5 minutes or less. There are times when I join a server and it restarts almost immediately. It'd be a pain to have to wait 10 minutes because I was unfortunate to join a restarting server. Besides, with the amount of people that log off of servers every second, it'll cause a lot of strain on the main hive and servers (least it's what I can imagine).

OK op i understand your point now.

Ya i think that would be pretty harsh and the forum would explode lol!

No :beans: for you, sir. None of these ideas are going to help anyone, they would make the game seem more inconvenient.

That's the point of it. To make it inconvenient for the server hoppers...