Statik (DayZ)

Possible Breakdown of Item Destruction

Before reading, I want everyone to know, this is only an idea. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement (if possible at all), nor have I broken down every piece of apparel.

But nonetheless, here we go:

As is, if a player gets shot in say, his/her backpack, everything inside is ruined. The same goes for all pieces of apparel that can hold loot.

I would like to see each piece broken down into "zones". Each zone would have a separate hitbox, and that hitbox would be associated with a specific part of inside the item.

I didn't create examples for all loot items, I only did the "Hunter Pack" and the "UK Assault Vest".

An example:

nacLeUH.jpg

As you can see, I broke the pack into 6 zones. I also broke the inside of the pack down into six more zones. Let's name the zones from left to right, 1, 2, 3, then on the bottom, 4, 5, 6.

If a player were to get shot in zone 1, only the things inside zone 1 would become damaged. In this case, a canteen, and a soda can. If I were to get shot in zone 5, my ammo, vitamins, painkillers, compass, bandage, and canopener would be damaged.

As you can also see, in zone five, the medkit, and box overlap from other zones. Items like this that overlap, would have the possibility to take damage from either zone in which they reside.

I only did this breakdown on the Hunter pack, but it could be modified for any pack.

I also did a breakdown for the UK Assault Vest, as seen below:

ZSvewoC.jpg

As you can see, I also broke the vest into four equal zones.

This could be modified to work on all pieces of gear that hold loot (i.e., vests, shirts, pants, packs, etc). Hopefully, this would help out players extremely, in the way of, if you get shot in the top of your pack, the items in the bottom won't get damaged, or if you get shot in the right hip, items in your left pocket won't get damaged, etc, etc.

It could also possibly add another element to the game, in which players would have to organize their packs more effectively. so as to not have lots of items overlapping, or to place high priority items in what they believe to be "safer" spots in their inventory system.

if you made it this far, thank you. This could be reformed many ways, and IMHO would add much more to the game. What do you think?

• Like 1

This is how it works at the moment =) (10:40 onwards)

Edited by vandal gab

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement (if possible at all)

It would be possible and not too hard at all. As you said, just give the different parts of the gear each a different hitbox, its about the same with an injury-system. Gettin hit in the leg- its fucked.

• Like 1