thequantum

Sick of random restarts

I know the game is alpha and I expect bugs, but I can't take anymore 6-10 hour sessions of running halfway across the map, only to log in and see I have randomly restarted for some reason. Going to wait 4 months then come back. This is way too frustrating.

I know the game is alpha and I expect bugs, but I can't take anymore 6-10 hour sessions of running halfway across the map, only to log in and see I have randomly restarted for some reason. Going to wait 4 months then come back. This is way too frustrating.

Was there a part of 'Alpha' that confused you?

Honestly, the number of people posting 'I know it's in Alpha but...' and then reporting their frustration at something that's to be expected in a very early Alpha is getting ridiculous.

Saying 'I know it's an Alpha but...' does not make complaining about relatively minor bugs/imbalances any less crazy, folks.

• Like 2

Was there a part of 'Alpha' that confused you?

Honestly, the number of people posting 'I know it's in Alpha but...' and then reporting their frustration at something that's to be expected in a very early Alpha is getting ridiculous.

Saying 'I know it's an Alpha but...' does not make complaining about relatively minor bugs/imbalances any less crazy, folks.

Everything before "but" doesn't count. "I'm not racist, but"...

Before you buy the game on steam look at the paragraph below since it clearly says:

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout itsdevelopment process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

If you didn't expect intended or unintended character wipes, you didn't know what an alpha was.  As for a fix, just stick to the same few servers, preferably by the same host.