Sign in to follow this  
GetTheFunkOn

Guns amd Ammo

Had  thought while playing today, about guns and ammo.
So i think i would be a nice idea if they kept the kind of  availability of weapons kind of the same as what it is in the alpha (with exceptions to snipers and other powerful weapons) (Getting weapons at the moment is quite easy).

BUT, the availability of ammo to be much less, i mean to the extent that magazines are a very rare item and require a long time scavenging, instead finding one or two rounds would be much more common.

If this was the case in Dayz, could possibly decrease the KoS mentality, as if you had 2 bullets (each having to be chambered separately) you dont want to really be wasting them on a guy running through town with the hope of him having some ammo for your weapon, instead you might be more likely to try and hold him up, handcuff him and search him, instead of wasting your only two bullets.

Just from what i have seen iv interpreted the future of the game to be considerably less guns and ammo compared to the idea above.

Just a thought

Edited by GetTheFunkOn
  • Like 2

I think they intend on making a lot more Zombies so people will focus more on killing them or joining others killing them. 

• Like 3

I'm already having a hard time finding any ammunition for my weapon, but then again I'm not exactly hanging out in military areas.

If ammo rarity was to be increased, so should weapons. I mean, unless I had the option to use my m4 as a melee, I wouldn't have any problem, but keeping it around, making other people think I'm an armed threat while in reality i'm bulletless, and shooting me for fear of my potential danger, would be pretty sad, and also contradict the ammo scarcity's original purpose.

or plenty of firearms, but in bad shape and low ammo spawns (2-3 rounds per find). that would make for some interesting, mexican standoffs where none actually has any rounds.

it's kinda bizarre to find a full 20 or 30 round mag atm.

Edited by hiberNative
  • Like 1

I think things would be exactly the opposite. If you make guns and ammo rarer, people will become even MORE paranoid about losing them. "I just spent 2 hours to find an M4 with 1 mag and 10 rounds, I REEAAAAAALLLY don't want to lose them."

Or:

"Man I'm glad I found this M4 with 1 mag and 10 rounds, they're super rare. Hey, I see a guy coming... maybe he has some ammo. BANG BANG!.. nope, just a can of beans. oh well."

The only way to stop the KOS is to make scavenging easier than killing. If it becomes more work to kill someone for an item that you can find all day long, all of a sudden killing them for it is less important. I know that once I've got gear, murdering people for theirs becomes a non-issue. Making items rarer will only increase paranoia, increase gear killing, and will only promote server hopping.

"Man I'm glad I found this M4 with 1 mag and 10 rounds, they're super rare. Hey, I see a guy coming... maybe he has some ammo. BANG BANG!.. nope, just a can of beans. oh well."

Some people will of course do this, but as mentioned before, people would be a lot more likely to hold people up to spare the ammo.

Agreed, I've found 4 mags, and completely filled up the 300 round box with m4 ammo. Took me around 2-3 hours. Too easy to find atm

or plenty of firearms, but in bad shape and low ammo spawns (2-3 rounds per find). that would make for some interesting, mexican standoffs where none actually has any rounds.

it's kinda bizarre to find a full 20 or 30 round mag atm.

Ammo comes in 20 round boxes.

Some ammo types such as .22lr come in huge bricks of 100 rounds or more.

cci_sv_500_new_large.jpg?v=1362761572

Ammo is not really as uncommon as people make it out to be here.

Magazines perhaps the weapons of course but the ammo is actually quite common especially if they found in military containers that ship ammo in bulk.

a762x54rlb1.jpg

1%20545x39%20Russian%20sealed%20tin%2010

a308mal12.jpg

I think things would be exactly the opposite. If you make guns and ammo rarer, people will become even MORE paranoid about losing them. "I just spent 2 hours to find an M4 with 1 mag and 10 rounds, I REEAAAAAALLLY don't want to lose them."

Or:

The only way to stop the KOS is to make scavenging easier than killing. If it becomes more work to kill someone for an item that you can find all day long, all of a sudden killing them for it is less important. I know that once I've got gear, murdering people for theirs becomes a non-issue. Making items rarer will only increase paranoia, increase gear killing, and will only promote server hopping.

I think this statement is actually not the case... If guns/ammo are rare people would have to think twice about shooting someone as to waste their last few bullets on a person that didn't have any ammo to begin with. If you run around shooting everyone hoping they have ammo and there isn't any, well at that point you're shit out of luck.The scarcity of loot won't help KoS it will hinder it as will the addition of more Zeds. Rather than running around shooting people in the face there will be a consequence and people will have to actively think first before shooting. Maybe even have to interact with people.

I think this statement is actually not the case... If guns/ammo are rare people would have to think twice about shooting someone as to waste their last few bullets on a person that didn't have any ammo to begin with. If you run around shooting everyone hoping they have ammo and there isn't any, well at that point you're shit out of luck.The scarcity of loot won't help KoS it will hinder it as will the addition of more Zeds. Rather than running around shooting people in the face there will be a consequence and people will have to actively think first before shooting. Maybe even have to interact with people.

No this is completely false.

Truth is people will shoot each other regardless of how much ammo or not they have.

If you give a player 2 rounds hes gonna use those 2 rounds to kill another player

Truth is people will shoot each other regardless of how much ammo or not they have.

If you give a player 2 rounds hes gonna use those 2 rounds to kill another player

And where will that leave him when that player he kills has no ammo, they're getting mobbed by Zeds or have no bullets to kill that much needed animal? Shit out of luck with their face in the dirt and maybe next time they'll think about it. Yeah?

Honestly, the ammo and gun spawns are alright as they are, because they're not abundant on a single server. I would like to just see them spawn in places that make sense. Something I like the idea of is mosins and other civilian weapons having a low chance of spawning in residential areas, with about 10 rounds in the same house because it make sense. Military weapons should really only be spawned in military bases and such, as well as some ammo. However, I think military weapons should spawn with little ammo around them (because they would have been used) and then have the ammo spawn elsewhere, in abandoned transport truck or warehouses for example.

Honestly, the ammo and gun spawns are alright as they are, because they're not abundant on a single server. I would like to just see them spawn in places that make sense. Something I like the idea of is mosins and other civilian weapons having a low chance of spawning in residential areas, with about 10 rounds in the same house because it make sense. Military weapons should really only be spawned in military bases and such, as well as some ammo. However, I think military weapons should spawn with little ammo around them (because they would have been used) and then have the ammo spawn elsewhere, in abandoned transport truck or warehouses for example.

Was just in electro with my Moasin and shot 3 people of the hospital roof ( they were killing new spawns) all were not well geared in terms of food,medical and drink but they sure did have a fuck ton of ammo, same in the west fire station in electro found 6 dead players 5 either had a moasin or M4 and again not  very well geared apart from the gun with mods,

Some people will because they are A* noobs and will most likely die after they have spent there hard earned 5 rounds on one player to find someone comes and puts an axe in their skull but it would most likely be allot less and result in less violent interaction between players

um no. id kill you regardless of having 2 bullets. The game is PVP.

Edited by Crakka

um no. id kill you regardless of having 2 bullets. The game is PVP.

This is the type of person i was on about. A* noobs sees the game as just PvP

They dont see the game as a survival multiplayer  which has elements of PvP and PvE.

Crakka is the type of person who would then get an axe in the back of the head

Its gonna be really hard to get that mentality of KoS out of players you know... just reducing ammo won't quite help.

Just because there is less ammo around, it doesn't mean anyone is going to be more trusting of other people. If the person has a gun, it will likely still be a "Kill him/her before he/she kills me". Otherwise it will be the same as it is now, kill other players if they get too close to me or kill people because its fun to kill people.

Think about it rationally. "I only have 2 bullets, as ammo is harder to find now. But if this person kills me, it doesn't really matter how much ammo I have now does it?"