Sign in to follow this  
linfosoma

Questions regarding inventory stats.

Sup gang, hope you are having a good new year.

I realize that some of the questions Im going to ask will have answers that are subject to change and/or are a byproduct of unfinished features, but Im struggling to see the differences between ruined and pristine equipment.

Logically I try to grab anything that's in good condition, but I've eaten plenty of "badly damaged" food which as far as I can tell has given me the same nutrition as food in a "pristine" condition to make me wonder how this system really works.

So far the only item that seems to change gameplay-wise is the rifle scope, which will be next to useless when damaged.

So here goes:

1-Is a "badly damaged fresh banana" the same as a "pristine rotten banana"? I going out on a limb and guess that the former is fine for consumption but will provide less nutrition than one that's pristine and that the latter will still get me sick regardless of its condition, but I would like some confirmation.

2-What's the difference between a badly damaged shirt and one in pristine condition? Does one provide more protection against cold/damage than the other one? Im guessing the answer is yes but is that system actually functional in the game?

3-Same question, but applied to backpacks, they seem to be able to carry the same amount of loot so I guess what changes here is how rapidly will the stuff in it decay, is this correct?

4-And what about weapons? Does a badly damaged stock on my M4 affects accuracy?

5-Finally, what about medical equipment? If I use something that's damaged will it decrease its effectiveness or will it have some alternate effect like increasing the chances of getting an infection after use?

Edited by linfosoma

1. I think this is probably a problem that comes with putting a condition on everything, like the pecuiliarities you got with games like Dwarf Fortress. I would argue that food really shouldn't have a condition, unless the condition is on the can, which effects how much food is availible to be taken from it while opening.

2. Not yet, but I assume it would. I would hate for body clothing to do different levels of protection against damage, excluding bullet proof shirts and helmets etc, but protection from cold sounds reasonable.

3. No idea what's in store, but I would like to see both your suggestion implemented, and that when it got to the 'ruined' stage, there was perhaps a chance that some items fall across the floor (along with a sound effect) when the backpack is ruined.

4. I think this is already in place, AFAIK buttstocks and sights (obviously) effect accuracy, not sure about handguards.

5. That would be the logical solution, yes. Although in that case any method of steralizing the equipment would also have to increase it's condition. Obviously, not in game yet.

• Like 1