223rem@live.com

New Spawn System needs a fix!

Spawns are all fairly close to eachother now, so meeting up with friends should be easier than ever.

If they added a few spawn points closer to high value loot, people will suicide until they get those spawns. 

It honestly takes only 10-15min to run pretty much anywhere on the map.

New spawn system is very welcome.

Sure I do not believe it is the final spawn system we should have.  But it is an improvement.

I think a spawn system in which we spawn at small towns across the map would be ideal.

What you don't realize is that the feedback isn't the problem (usually), The problem is the reason for the feedback. The people complaining about the new spawn points don't like them for one reason. They now actually have to put effort behind getting firearms. They can't just spawn and have a firearm inside 5 minutes running either to Balota or Pavlovo. You have to travel a good distance and search along the way for gear instead of just grabbing all the "best loot" right away and shooting people.

DayZ wasn't made to be easy. This change in spawn points reflects that.

I'll reply to you because at least you made an effort to be nice about it.

I understand that a bunch of the people complaining are exactly what you just posted, I'm 100% on your side for that, I don't want to trip over weapons anymore than you but those of us who have legitimate concerns about the new system are being bunched up with them and summarily ignored, You can check the ignorant guy who I replied to before as evidence of that, He assumed that I only want Balota spawns without ever checking what I have actually been posting about (Shoe-horning us into a specific area of the map).

Let me go on record here, I'm FINE with spawning in the east as long I'm not ONLY spawning in the east - I don't know if you have died much since the patch but on anything like a populated server there are squads of bandits just camped out at Kamyshovo because 9/10 that is your spawn. I've experienced it a number of times and came to the forums to give feedback about it only to get lumped in with the 'Cod kiddies' just because I have a different opinion to the very loud minority on these forums.

On the topic of the spawns it seems to me there are 2 easy fixes for it, 1 - Re-add the spawns along the south coast alongside the east coast and let the 'cod kiddies' go do their suicide thing if they want to get the spawn they think they deserve OR 2 - Add in spawns all over the map, Hundreds of spawns make it VERY random, in the middle of fields in tiny towns, in cities, everywhere. The bandits can't sit and camp the (practically) only spawn any more and the suicide kids won't realistically be able to keep doing it until they get the spawn they want (unless they are REALLY dedicated I guess)

• Like 2

On the topic of the spawns it seems to me there are 2 easy fixes for it, 1 - Re-add the spawns along the south coast alongside the east coast and let the 'cod kiddies' go do their suicide thing if they want to get the spawn they think they deserve OR 2 - Add in spawns all over the map, Hundreds of spawns make it VERY random, in the middle of fields in tiny towns, in cities, everywhere. The bandits can't sit and camp the (practically) only spawn any more and the suicide kids won't realistically be able to keep doing it until they get the spawn they want (unless they are REALLY dedicated I guess)

I dislike your first option, re-adding the southern spawns I do not believe is the way to go.  But I totally agree with your second option, spawns all over the map would be ideal, and having soo many spawns would make it impossible to camp, and should also make it not worth suiciding hopefully.

I dislike your first option, re-adding the southern spawns I do not believe is the way to go.  But I totally agree with your second option, spawns all over the map would be ideal, and having soo many spawns would make it impossible to camp, and should also make it not worth suiciding hopefully.

Support this.

I think it'd be a good idea to 'draw' a radius around all of the military areas and make these no-spawn zones... Then literally anywhere on the main landmass can be a spawn (preferably once vehicles are added.)

Edited by Isaaq

I'm liking the new spawns so far, it does in my opinion seem like people are complaining for the sake of complaining (whether it be because of change / gear / bandits / what have you) as this may not be perfect but nothing is and it's a lot better than what we had before, which was really a joke and making 95% of the map empty space where now places i used to go for easy supplies have already been looted and now people are even heading to NWAF and the boat which used to be my easy pickings places, so if you ask me (which no one is) getting more activity around the map means that the new spawn system is working or at least a significant improvement.

No actually thats not why people dont like the new spawn system. 

Its because without vehicles it takes FOREVER to hook back up with your friends.

Having the game be hard is one thing... adding an unneeded GRIND time sink is another.  Running simulator is NOT fun

Because you..you know...died...

What do you want next? A "teleport to friends" button?

I'm really starting to wonder how many people actually play DayZ as it's designed. :)

What's wrong whit it??, the new spawn system works fine, it's harder to gear up,, more run, now u won't expose yourself that often cause u will die and spawn in the other part of the world,,  ;)

Edited by legolas_xp

No actually thats not why people dont like the new spawn system.

Its because without vehicles it takes FOREVER to hook back up with your friends.

Having the game be hard is one thing... adding an unneeded GRIND time sink is another. Running simulator is NOT fun

Cars and gas will be rare. You had to run to meet up with friends in the mod as well. I'm not sure why you expected 500 car servers. Private hives like this ruined the experience.

If you don't like the game, you didn't have to buy it. We all knew it takes up a lot of time.

Edited by evoxtom

I haven't played the new update much so I haven't died as of yet, however from my initial thought this new spawn system sounded like a good idea and one that would stop people from only staying at Balota. However upon learning people can just spawn camp you then it's DEFINITELY not right for Dayz.

I don't understand why people would want this as it's not fun to be spawn camped in any game on any console/system, what Dean and Co could of done is this; excusing the amazing paint skills.

XUQiOni.jpg

It shouldn't matter where you spawn.  Get the hell outta there, gear up and enjoy.

I haven't respawned yet so i cant comment but i actually like the idea of the Cherno/Elektro/Balota spawns being gone. It makes those spots a journey rather than a short hop upon spawning in.

While I agree with this somehow, that getting to Cherno / Elektro should be its own journey, it certainly makes spawn places more packed, which is not probably the best thing.

Btw can anybody from Dev team explain, why there are so many military barracks now? I mean mostly those at Balota and then north of Kamenka, those kinda feel as being over the top.

While I agree with this somehow, that getting to Cherno / Elektro should be its own journey, it certainly makes spawn places more packed, which is not probably the best thing.

Btw can anybody from Dev team explain, why there are so many military barracks now? I mean mostly those at Balota and then north of Kamenka, those kinda feel as being over the top.

More than likely so they can gather mass amounts of information regarding weapons and which items are used and arent used. (I hope)

You know I'm getting kind of sick of your hostile attitude towards people giving honest feedback over the spawn changes, We have every right to tell them we don't like it. That's what the alpha is for, stop defending every single change and witch hunting us for giving our opinions of it.

As long as most of you stay silent it will continue

Maybe, just maybe, some of us don't want to spawn in the middle of bumfuckistan. I don't know about the others but for myself personally, I don't want to spawn around a thousand other freshspawns and have to run miles and miles to come across another player who is NOT a fresh spawn. 

I have faces to punch and people to mug and solnichniy is just way too far from elektro/cherno. I mean, I could fistfight fresh spawns all day long, and have spent plenty of time doing that but there's just no reward for that. Nothing is more satisfying than knocking a fully geared dude out and taking all his shit off his unconcious body, leaving him with some rotten fruit in his tum tum.

More than likely so they can gather mass amounts of information regarding weapons and which items are used and arent used. (I hop

There never was much out east to begin with, from day one, west was desired spawn which is fine, but if you're now going to FORCE us out east, at least have something in the east for people to duke it out over. No more small camp in berezino, no hospital, it's pretty barren this side of the map. Instead of spawn cherno race to stary, it's spawn solnichniy, race to balota. 

Same shit, different version, still frustrating and boring. Want gear? Take it off a freshly punched dude. (I would say corpse, but it's more satisfying not to kill them.)

Edited by velyse

Maybe, just maybe, some of us don't want to spawn in the middle of bumfuckistan. I don't know about the others but for myself personally, I don't want to spawn around a thousand other freshspawns and have to run miles and miles to come across another player who is NOT a fresh spawn.

I have faces to punch and people to mug and solnichniy is just way too far from elektro/cherno. I mean, I could fistfight fresh spawns all day long, and have spent plenty of time doing that but there's just no reward for that. Nothing is more satisfying than knocking a fully geared dude out and taking all his shit off his unconcious body, leaving him with some rotten fruit in his tum tum.

There never was much out east to begin with, from day one, west was desired spawn which is fine, but if you're now going to FORCE us out east, at least have something in the east for people to duke it out over. No more small camp in berezino, no hospital, it's pretty barren this side of the map. Instead of spawn cherno race to stary, it's spawn solnichniy, race to balota.

Same shit, different version, still frustrating and boring. Want gear? Take it off a freshly punched dude. (I would say corpse, but it's more satisfying not to kill them.)

If you're serious.. It sounds like you have the attention span of a fly. This game may not be for you just yet as additional things to do is still in the works. Just go over to BF if you want instant action with little travel time.

Edit- the whole point of the spawn was to provide more of a progression from civ to mil loot.

Edited by evoxtom

stop crying about your "horrible spawn" noob, its called DAYZ , not "Balota Spawn Z" Jesus, learn to adapt like us old timer dayz players, you don't need Balota to gear up and you live longer where you spawn at, at the moment. unless you keep killing your self like a noob.

stop crying about your "horrible spawn" noob, its called DAYZ , not "Balota Spawn Z" Jesus, learn to adapt like us old timer dayz players, you don't need Balota to gear up and you live longer where you spawn at, at the moment. unless you keep killing your self like a noob.

Nope, you just need your fists and to catch a player by surprise and rush him. Free gear. Everyone can be Mike Tyson.