Sign in to follow this  
sYs

Gear gone?

Was fully geared. Joined one server and i instantly got the "red disconnect thingy" - join another server and im naked re spawned. Why does this happen? Is is a reaccuring issue in the current Dayz SA Alfa build? 

Was fully geared. Joined one server and i instantly got the "red disconnect thingy" - join another server and im naked re spawned. Why does this happen? Is is a reaccuring issue in the current Dayz SA Alfa build?

Most likely you joined a server that wasn't running the latest version of DayZ and your character data got desynced from the main database resulting in you respawning.

Don't feel too bad. After playing for a full week and getting fully geared without server hopping in an airfield, my character fell to his death after clipping through what was supposed to be a solid wall.

Stuff like this is going to happen in the alpha. The real fun in my opinion though is starting with nothing.

• Like 1

AFAIK it's a bug, transferring to certain servers does not transfer your char info over, sort of like a private hive.  Think it has to do with the providers, I'd say find one server and stick to it.

• Like 1

I don't feel bad. Just wanted to know the cause. It's alfa and i guess its been reported. :) So all cool. Just here for knowledge and feedback.

Surviving without knowledge is impossible. 

On top of that i been respawning in same spot for 12 times. after that spot changed and now im respawning in that spot for a 6x. While this msg is being written ;( 

Reminds me. I spawned in Novy Sobor. Anyone know why?

Novy is, and has been, a possible spawn location, though rare. I've never spawned there in a year of playing, with the mod or the SA. Hicks mentioned that Novy is still possible as a spawn location with the changes that were included in spawn balancing with today's patch.

Edited by Fukkit

Another day - another full gear gone. Wake up, have a breakfest. Join a server with a good ping. I see my character in main menu fully equiped. Join server - I'm naked on a beach. Try to alt+f4 as fast as i can. Im naked in main menu. :( 7 hours of scavenging gone - again!

Another day - another full gear gone. Wake up, have a breakfest. Join a server with a good ping. I see my character in main menu fully equiped. Join server - I'm naked on a beach. Try to alt+f4 as fast as i can. Im naked in main menu. :( 7 hours of scavenging gone - again!

It sounds like whatever server you're playing on wasn't running the latest version, hasn't been white listed to the hive yet or just desynced from the public hive. If you want to avoid unnecessary wipes I would advise finding a group of servers, 5 or 10 maybe that you know aren't wiping your character and add them to your favorites.

quit and join another server and you should get your gear back. At least mine does aswell it also takes me back to the place i actually left off from.

Yes. Log out, try a new server. If that doesn't work, restart your machine and relog. If that doesn't work, turn the game off, come back tomorrow and your gear will be there. Happens to me all the time. Best thing is to log out and let it rest. Sounds stupid, but it works.