Sign in to follow this  
DamnDialUp

Vest protection?

Does anyone know exactly if the numerous vests provide any actual protection?

Would be nice if they did.

Edited by DamnDialUp

Once I had an anti stab vest, and a zombie snuck up on me and hit me, but I took no damage, and didnt start bleeding. That's all I have, of tests or proof.

• Like 1

Once I had an anti stab vest, and a zombie snuck up on me and hit me, but I took no damage, and didnt start bleeding. That's all I have, of tests or proof.

Wow I want to have that vest!

I've noticed that wearing tactical vests and helmets the zombies often won't cause you to bleed...probably 9/10 times there was no need to bandage afterwards, but I haven't tested it properly yet

Yeah, it seems like whenever I'm geared up, the zombies that manage to surprise me never make me bleed. But when I start out and meet that first zombie, he will always draw blood on the first hit.

I also noticed this, as a fresh spawn one hit from a z makes you bleed but moto helmet and tac vests, cammo pants and the rest makes you more resilient to taken a damaging hit and bleeding :-)

Once I was using a vest and it was pristine. Someone shot me one bullet of the M4, I ran to the nearest house and I opened my gear and the vest was badly damaged, as everything in it. But I took no damage.

I am note 100% sure if that's the reason but... that's what I believe that happened.

All of your gear provides protection to different sources of damage.

Your motorbike helmet will prevent you from being knocked out by zombies or humans, yet it will take the impact and there for it will be damaged. I had a pristine one become very damaged after being hit by a zombie.

Your shirts provides almost no protection to attacks and leaves you vulnerable to any source of damage.

If you upgrade your shirt to anything bigger or more resistant you will have increased protection from zombie attacks but no ballistic resistance.

Tactical vests will provide little to zero protection from stabbings or sharp stuff, but they will be effective against bullets. (I was shot three times in the chest, with the vest taking no damage whatsoever but only giving me the 'pain' status)

Stab-proof vests will provide protection from stabs but not from bullets most of the times.

Ballistic helmets WILL protect you from instant death of being shot in the head.

Shoes provide protection to your fet as running shoeless will give you wounded fet sickness.

AFAIK only gloves don't provide any kind of protection or modifier yet. Every single clothing piece has armor, be it ballistic or impact.

• Like 1

I read the Press Vest also provides ballistic protection, never found one...