Sign in to follow this  
ciphrix

Do morphine actually spawn in normal houses?

So, a zombie looked in my general direction and ofcourse, broke my legs. I've got some decent gear, was just wondering if its worth while trying to find morphine in nearby towns or should I be making my way to the nearest hospital? (And probably getting shot in the face for my troubles) :huh:

I think you can find morphine everywhere. Allthough it will be ALOT rarer in non-medical areas.

Edit: Acording to wiki you can find it everywhere exept in farms.

No. Morphine spawns in hospitals, medical crates and at a very low percentage in military buildings (including deer stands).

You will not find morphine in residential buildings (apartments, grocery stores) or industrial ones. Any morphine you found in these buildings in the past was left there by someone else who probably dropped it to pick up another item.

You can google 'dayz loot cheat sheet' and see all spawn percentages for each type of building in the game up to date with the latest version.

Looks like someone has a "longest crawl" kind of day ahead of them! :)

Dont worry, I know your pain, and so do many others. Just pray you find that morphine quick, or get a friend to give you some.

No. Morphine spawns in hospitals' date=' medical crates and at a very low percentage in military buildings (including deer stands).

You will not find morphine in residential buildings (apartments, grocery stores) or industrial ones. Any morphine you found in these buildings in the past was left there by someone else who probably dropped it to pick up another item.

You can google 'dayz loot cheat sheet' and see all spawn percentages for each type of building in the game up to date with the latest version.

[/quote']

Acording to wiki/loot sheet you will find them in office and residental buildings just at a very low drop rate. I've seen them spawn there myself occasionally.

Acording to wiki/loot sheet you will find them in office and residental buildings just at a very low drop rate. I've seen them spawn there myself occasionally.

Google 'dayz loot cheat sheet' and read it. It draws directly from the latest files in the mod itself. It will be more accurate and more up to date than the wiki. I promise.

Morphine spawns in 'medical' and 'hospital' type loot piles which only spawn in hospital building types or at very low rates in military and barracks types.

The wiki is probably authored by players who, as I've stated, will have found plenty of morphine in other buildings as players roam around and leave it lying there because their inventory is full. Remember we used to have 1000s of morphine pouring into the game every second as new players spawned, now it only comes from loot piles. People are just realizing how rare it is...

Google 'dayz loot cheat sheet' and read it. It draws directly from the latest files in the mod itself. It will be more accurate and more up to date than the wiki. I promise.

Morphine spawns in 'medical' and 'hospital' type loot piles which only spawn in hospital building types or at very low rates in military and barracks types.

The wiki is probably authored by players who' date=' as I've stated, will have found plenty of morphine in other buildings as players roam around and leave it lying there because their inventory is full. Remember we used to have 1000s of morphine pouring into the game every second as new players spawned, now it only comes from loot piles. People are just realizing how rare it is...

[/quote']

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Thats where I looked, don't know where you're looking.

If you look in residental & office buildings you will see they contain a military "loot pile" and in those military loot piles there is a chance to spawn a morphine at about 1%. This also applies to all other lootable places exept farms.

Oh you're totally right; my bad.

Although damn, 0.89% chance for a pile and 0.99% chance it will have morphine? That's a 0.0088% chance that any given residential or office loot pile will hold morphine!

You will find it faster crawling to the nearest hospital...

Oh you're totally right; my bad.

Although damn' date=' 0.89% chance for a pile and 0.99% chance it will have morphine? That's a 0.0088% chance that any given residential or office loot pile will hold morphine!

You will find it faster crawling to the nearest hospital...

[/quote']

Yes indeed hopsital is definitely the way to go.