Sign in to follow this  
quobble

Future city discovered

Hello my fellow survivors!

I recently discovered an area in the north.

It looks like there will be something cool in the future.

If you look closely at the picutres, you can see many weird road formations. One might think they are formed so weirdly because they show the inner roadsystem of a town.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3488/tp6uuvdk_png.htm

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3488/rxhvbqxf_png.htm

There is already a train station in southern direction and some little shops at a roadside.

If anyone found something similar, please let me know.

• Like 3

That's certainly a good find even if it's coincidence, a city or town good fit there.

I walked away yesterday and my Steam screenshots havent been safed. Ill head there again next year and take some photos. ;)

I was up there a couple of days ago, and there will definitely be a big city. I would say the size of Chernogorsk or even bigger.

I had a shufty around there when the game came out (there's a description here). EDIT: No - I'm wrong. You're showing the north-central, I had a look at the north-west. North-central there's a train station, one of those blocked-off drainage tunnels, but not much else.

The big "lake" in the north-west is just a depression, and on the ground the formations look like this:

2013-12-22_00037b.jpg

2013-12-22_00045b.jpg

Dunno if they're placeholders for future buildings or if you're supposed to build your own tent city. The surrounding forest is very dense and it's surprisingly easy to miss 'em (at first I ran straight over them and ended up heading north). It would be amusing if you respawned there underneath a new building.

There's one well in the north-west, but it's right out in the middle of nowhere equals sniperville:

2013-12-22_00030b.jpg

Edited by AshleyP
  • Like 1

There's a bunch of villages and towns as well as a city up north that have been added from the old map.  I would assume they've been turned off for now for testing reasons as well as to finalize the actual placements and such.

The entire north is being redesigned. There are foundational placements for at least two more cities and 8 smaller towns and some associated small military and/or industrial points.

Check out Guba Bay. Theres already some of the town that will be there in place. Looks like a nice little place.

There are some barn and small industrial placements spread across the northern part of the map and I've also found a small military base up there thats not entirely finished.

Overall there is a lot of redesign going into that part of the map to utilize more of it and I definitely approve of that.

look north of berezino, Guba bay is a city in the works as well. all it has is roads couple buildings and a dock.

Oh hey, I remember that place! 

I thought I was so pro and found myself lost in the half finished map trying to go from black mountain to devils castle. 

Future CDC area, or the Prison.

Utes will be a Whole town island with winding streets like Mediterranean towns. CQB central on Utes

I think that the train station west of lopatino also signifies another new city location. It's pretty much a school, a trainstation and a factory in the middle of nowhere.

Future CDC area, or the Prison.

Utes will be a Whole town island with winding streets like Mediterranean towns. CQB central on Utes

Oh. Utes? I though they canceled that