Knocturnal

DayZ Anti-Cheat???

Because DayZ is a early access alpha release on Steam, will it eventually be supported by VAC? I mean how well will DayZ be protected from hackers? I was in a game yesterday and met up with a random player, we started to scavenge together, then all of a sudden, the whole server got ported into a small room where some douche bag hacker shot all of us dead. That sort action is something an anti-cheat normally picks up on quickly, and proceeds with a ban...

I thought it was already supported by VAC.  I could of sworn I saw Rocket make a post about it.

VAC is already enabled.

Ahhh ok, cause in the steam store, under the DayZ tab, there aren't any indications about it being VAC secured. I have indeed heard that bans are not done then and there, but rather a day or even a week later. I just hope this game will be protected to a maximum because of whats in play, already it's a pure survival game, I would prefer not to come across people with ESP, aimbots, and speed hacks. The game is hard enough as it is, if you know what I mean.