Sign in to follow this  
blurhitz

A KoS thread

The story you just told did not explain how KoS started, it explained how some dude got KoSd and raged. Jesus you aren't even consistent in your own fairy tale realities.

duh. trolls. 

trolls feed on other peoples pain and thus turn them into pain addicted trolls themselves... it's like the plague 

I have noticed a stark decrease in the SA, I am happy to say. I had a guy in full "bandit" gear. You know, gas mask, camo, helmet not shoot me on sight. It was scary as shit to see him laying down in that garage with the drop on me. I ran away behind cover, said "fuck that was freaky" He asked if I was alone and from there we had a good buisness exchange of gear. I was then killed a few minutes later after clearing a military jail building. Someone came out of a room that 2 seconds ago was clear of enemies. Server hopping is the new KoS. ugh

Hahaha I know that feel bro, I know that feel.

Sometimes I play as a bandit too. One time I pointed my pistol to one guy, told him to drop everything and to lay down, slowly walking away. I got everything I needed, handcuffed him, and shot the air. It didn't take too long for a zombie to come and eat his flesh! By his voice I saw, he was shitting his pants as it was a night with almost no one in the country... Well, I didn't just shoot him. Maybe even himself liked the way I killed him haha

Edited by xBlurHitz

This is how KOS started originally... ;)

<<<< Those who played the mod can relate to this in some form...

How did I ever miss that 8o Awesome:

First off I would like to point out that KoS'ing is apart of the game.

Second, its alpha, most of the content isn't there.

The Dev's know that, Rocket knows that.

Once we have more zombies to kill, animals to kill and cook, Vehicles to fix up, and bases to maintain there will be less KoS'ing, and when fights do break out it will be mostly groups of geared players vs groups of geared players.

That is what Rocket is thinking, it does not take a genius to figure that out. That is why they are ignoring all those KoS sob threads.

So if you keep posting your sob KoS threads, they are just going to keep ignoring them.

Remember... Alpha.

Edited by Chronos Blackburn

Plus it's the Christmas/New Year's holidays...

• Like 3

That too, but I promise once the holidays are over, the sob KoS threads will still be ignored.

Hahahahaha, yah. They have ignored EVERY thread.... Because they aren't looking at ANY THREADS lol

I'm pretty sure the first live player I ever saw shot me right in the face. It was pretty damn funny, honestly. I had gotten really far but it wasn't a big deal. I've been shot by someone else and survived but I've also ran in to players where we went our separate ways. The non violent ones were pretty tense anyway where we just stared at each other for a while.

kills thread with mundane statement

thread crys or at the very least gets very angry

Press's post and regrets after troll bollicking

thread wonders why he bought this game

Once we have more zombies to kill, animals to kill and cook, Vehicles to fix up, and bases to maintain there will be less KoS'ing, and when fights do break out it will be mostly groups of geared players vs groups of geared players.

These things may be distractions, but when people see eachother, they will still Kill on sight.  These changes will not change KOS in the slightest.  The only thing that will reduce KOS, is some incentive to not "kill every player you see."  And most people are against that type of feature.

• Like 2

So what's your definition of KoS vs bandit? You're saying banditry is okay, but not KoS? What the fuck do you think bandits do?

Yeah the full release will have more to do than killing fresh spawns or just squad-vs-squad.  I do like the penalty to spraying up players though.

Reward people that pick their headshots and you can get their gear.  If you full-auto M4 somebody's torso, well, have fun with a lot of damaged equipment.

KoS threads remind me of league of legends threads about unfair matchmaking and elo hell :) just ignore them ! there will be always stupid people in every community

As long as it takes time to get gear or otherwise advance your player, Kill-on-Sight will always be the right decision for each individual to make from a cost-benefit analysis. It will always be the self-interested choice. 

The Self-Interest Theory states that each person has one supremely rational ultimate aim, that his life goes, for him, as well as possible. 

Since this game is about survival, the self-interest theory is very compelling. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 1

As long as it takes time to get gear or otherwise advance your player, Kill-on-Sight will always be the right decision for each individual to make from a cost-benefit analysis. It will always be the self-interested choice. 

The Self-Interest Theory states that each person has one supremely rational ultimate aim, that his life goes, for him, as well as possible. 

Indeed. There are people who do it just to be assholes but I think the average person is acting entirely out of self-interest. Granted, I haven't the game that long. There's no reason to take it personally if someone decides you're a risk to their survival. The game is about survival.

To be fair I recently found a burst of people who Kos.

I went 12 hours of time logged with only true bandits and heroes..... and now everyone is Kos. I hope the mod isn't done.

Indeed. There are people who do it just to be assholes but I think the average person is acting entirely out of self-interest. Granted, I haven't the game that long. There's no reason to take it personally if someone decides you're a risk to their survival. The game is about survival.

A person who does it just to be an asshole reaps exactly the same benefit as the person who does it out of a self-interest calculation.

In fact it could be argued that the person who does it just to be an asshole gets even more out of it, since he fulfills his desire to kill other players while at the same time doing what is best in self-interested terms. 

Honestly, it's not really a valid point to argue at this time. Rocket himself even says the game isn't worth buying FOR it's current state. I mean really, there's not much else to do than find some gear and go kill people, Which is fine, gives me something to do (look for people killing people :D). Until there's more features and more to survive for, it's gonna happen a lot. And let's be serious, without a drastic change to the game, it will NEVER go away, just become less frequent.

The KoS threads are probably made by people who didnt play the mod.

Could be. It would be a pretty what the fuck alpha experience if you didn't know what you were buying and don't understand what alpha implies 

Edited by RogueNZ

While I applaud your reference to the S.I.T, a video game is not a realistic medium to test or simulate that theory. People do a lot of good things because of self interest as well. People mostly help people out and donate money to the poor because it makes them feel better. Most everything that helps someone does it because self consciously it benefits them in someway. Whether that be survival from death or a warm and fuzzy.

Video games need certain mechanics implemented to simulate real world human interactions. I know that for me, in a end-of-world sitchu, I would not just shoot some random survivor (a Human Being) passing my home or "base" just for the lawlz. If said survivor turns his weapon towards my window or tries to knock down my door, well that's another story. I am sorry, but this whole "In a real end-of-world sitchu this is how is would really happen" BS is false and created by PvPers. 98 % of the gamers blasting poor bastards in their face when they are not a threat to them would NOT be able to pull the trigger in the same situation in real life situations. 

Luckily the divines have bestowed upon us = = Game Mechanics! 

Edited by VictorM

Our group always shoots geared players for the same reason, but obviously having less of a reason to constantly kill geared players would mix it up in a good way

Shoot & Loot is interesting for only so long, after all.  DayZ is about survival, sure, but survival without depth gets kind of stale after a while.  I can survive in Call of Duty or Battlefield, although there aren't any zombies there, too.  

A person who does it just to be an asshole reaps exactly the same benefit as the person who does it out of a self-interest calculation.

In fact it could be argued that the person who does it just to be an asshole gets even more out of it, since he fulfills his desire to kill other players while at the same time doing what is best in self-interested terms. 

Which doesn't really bother me. The game isn't about fairness. Why someone kills you on sight isn't terribly important I guess. You're still dead in the end.

The KoS-threads are for obvious reasons by people from the following categories:

1: People who just got murdered once again for no reason other than the murdered being a "bandit" who completely missed the point of this not being another FPS death match game.

2: People who wants the game to be a bit more friendly towards players due to the fact that you miss out a HUGE amount of stuff without player interactions.

3: Someone who's trolling.

The usual responses are either from:

1: KoS bandits (see point 1 above)

2: Random people

3: Heroes or survivors, obviously.

And yes it is in alpha, and yes banditry and murder is a part of the game. But people who just shoots EVERYONE they see just because they can, should really consider to change game since this isn't meant to be a Free for All death match.

• Like 1