Sign in to follow this  
ducky125

Hardcore mode.

Only head shots count as the zombies leap at your face.

Rage virus speed with Romero style resilience. 

Also you should get locked to an AI zombie that rises from where you were killed, if you were eaten. Hopefully this would lead to moments where people see their character eat their friends.

Sounds like a nightmare. Rage virus? That means 1 good hit and you're finished. Isn't that a bit brutal?

Also, locked in zombie-state? Uncontrollable, I imagine. But for how long? No option to respawn? It would be cool if you could find your zombie-self, but zombies de-spawned if nobody was around, where would your zombocopy be kept at?

If you get hit by a zombie it takes a few hours for the virus to catch in... so you basically have enough time to give your gear to a friend or hide it somewhere. Than your character turns into a zombie and you are locked to the screen for 1-2 minutes (to see the transformation), afterwards you can create a new character and your old character will remain as a zombie and the zombie will carry all the gear you had left in your inventory, the items would be corrupted by the virus and would need a treatment before they can be used or worn again, infected items will transfer the infection onto other items in your inventory after time... so it is not a good idea to leave those items there for too long after looting them...

Overall I like the idea a lot. Ammo would be alot more important because a melee fight against a zombie would be very hard, I personally manage to win melee fights against up to 3 zombies at once without being hit but others may get hit easily in a melee battle, which means fire-arms would be the safe way to clean out zombies and players would not waste their ammo to kill other players, especially as they could hunt for "well equipped" zombies (see above). PvE would be a lot more attractive than it is now.

Helmets, Vests and such could grant a protection against bites, which means that not every hit would lead to an infection.

This feature + bigger and more spread zombie hordes would make the game amazingly hard and I would love it.

Just imagine you walk around in the wilderness and you see a horde of 20 zombies which walks towards you and one of those zombies carries a very good weapon on his back and a big backpack... would you take the risk and approach the horde?

Edited by YassirX