Sign in to follow this  
Dongsquad

In desperate need of tech support again

Here I am, in need of tech support once again.

Since release I've been getting the same problem over and over again, I simply can't play DayZ Standalone without freezing after 1 minute of joining a server. I had another thread about this issue and it looked like it was solved for me, however the problem reappeared the day after and it's gotten even worse. This was my previous thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159860-please-help-me-im-in-desperate-need-of-tech-support-solved/

So I found out that my freezing issue is basically a test of patience for me, however the 2 past days the problem is back again. Let me describe how it goes:

1. Join a server (I have been joining server with 35+ people in it)

2. Freeze within the first minute of joining

Now this is old news for me that it always freezes, in my previous thread a user suggested that I would wait and see if the game came back again and yes, in that one case it worked (if I recall correctly I was in a server with about 20-29 people in it for that case) and I got back into the game.

However yesterday I wanted to play DayZ again and the usual routine happened but something else happened now, instead of me regaining control within 3 or so minutes my game and Steam both crashed! For some reason, my whole computer goes haywire and I can't run any program that use the internet for connection. (i.e I can't open Firefox anymore but I can open my virus scanner). This already happened twice to me today.

To summarize:

1. Join server

2. Freeze

3. Wait about 2.5-3 minutes

4. After 2.5-3 minutes I crash to desktop, Steam closes itself and all internet applications stop working

I'm more than willing to provide any information about the problem you might need. I just really want to play the game for once.

My specs are:

Intel i5 @ 3.4 GHz (4 CPUs)

8 GB RAM

HD 7850 1GB

Full specs can be found here in the attached Dxdiag file: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=3206

Edited by Dongsquad

First of all, check all your drivers, that includes any network adapters you have been using. I know a few connection problems on my end have been caused by old drivers for my network adapter.

Secondly, run the game from the game folder, and put administrator mode on.

Finally, just to be sure, download a new anti-virus that you know is trustworthy and give that a scan. It's unlikely but just to be sure.

My spidey senses are giving me a hint that something may be corrupt, but I'm not 100%. You will want to check with others to make sure.

Have you done the basics, testing RAM for example, updating drivers? Are you running any custom launch options?

Edited by Liquidje

First of all, check all your drivers, that includes any network adapters you have been using. I know a few connection problems on my end have been caused by old drivers for my network adapter.

Secondly, run the game from the game folder, and put administrator mode on.

Finally, just to be sure, download a new anti-virus that you know is trustworthy and give that a scan. It's unlikely but just to be sure.

My spidey senses are giving me a hint that something may be corrupt, but I'm not 100%. You will want to check with others to make sure.

My drivers are pretty much up to date. There's a new driver for my GPU but my current one is far from outdated. I could try this but updating drivers is one hell of a job.

Have you done the basics, testing RAM for example, updating drivers? Are you running any custom launch options?

My computer is one year old, I doubt my RAM is broken. No, I'm not running anything custom about the game.

What about setting up a fresh OS? 

Your computer could use it well anyway. 

It's a one year old computer with nothing but a few games on it and internet files.

Yes, but this computer doesn't run :(

If you have an external drive and can backup him easily, give it a try.

Yes, but this computer doesn't run :(

If you have an external drive and can backup him easily, give it a try.

It only doesn't run DayZ. Well, it does run sometimes. There's one server that never gives me any trouble, it's kind of weird. Besides I have a ton of other games and they all run just fine.

You asked for help and then just gave ppl reasons why you didn't want to take their advise , all the above suggestions are valid weather your pc is 1 week old or 5 years . Weather it runs some games fine and not others.

You asked for help and then just gave ppl reasons why you didn't want to take their advise , all the above suggestions are valid weather your pc is 1 week old or 5 years . Weather it runs some games fine and not others.

I would prefer to try other solutions first rather than going straight for the most radical solution that doesn't have any guarentees.

It only doesn't run DayZ. Well, it does run sometimes. There's one server that never gives me any trouble, it's kind of weird. Besides I have a ton of other games and they all run just fine.

Hello there

Which is the server that runs well and which one does not?

That may give us more of a clue.

Rdgs

LoK

Hello there

Which is the server that runs well and which one does not?

That may give us more of a clue.

Rdgs

LoK

Hi.

The one and so far only server that I can play on regularly without problem is called ''[Public/Veteran) - 1 DayZ (Public/Veteran) 1 - www.banzore.com''

One that doesn't work was: ''DayZ NL 2-14 (Public/Veteran) 113925 - Hosted by Gameservers.com''

The rest of the servers I've joined left me to a freeze + crash. I do have to add that during my freezes the audio is still running and I can even move my mouse when I'm looking at my inventory. Just my screen is stuck.

When I joined server with 35+ people I froze within 10 seconds, but when I joined a server with 25 people it froze only after give or take 3 minutes. In both cases, after waiting about 3 minutes the game crashed to desktop and I couldn't use Firefox, Steam etc. anymore. What I did notice was that during my ''test'' in the 35+ people server I regained control about my character ingame for about a millisecond before it froze again and I could see that two other people lost connections to the server.

Sorry if I'm a bit too cryptic or give useless information but this is all I can do. I'm not tech savvy at all.

Edited by Dongsquad

I would prefer to try other solutions first rather than going straight for the most radical solution that doesn't have any guarentees.

Then test your RAM and harddisk as I suggested. It does not matter how new your PC is. Also update chipset drivers to be sure. And just update your drivers for your graphics. It is not that hard, and is the number one thing to do with technical issues is updating GPU drivers. Any other measures are more radical and more of a hassle.

The fact that other games work is not a guarantee that it is not your drivers. Why else would DayZ SA not run?

Edited by Liquidje